PDA

View Full Version : BBQ and Fly in on the River

Hozman
07-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Anyone done this comp? I have asked if they give out packets to the teams to stae their specific rules, load in and out times, where exactly the event is held, ect. You know stuff to me I would feel is important to know before I just pull into town.

Communications with the contact have been poor to say the least. 18 days out and hoping to maybe get some info from anyone that was there last year. Heard they are doing a lot of construction down on Broadway which is where I believe to comp was last year.

musicmanryann
07-30-2012, 11:08 AM
As far as I know, the event is held right on the strip of their historic downtown area on broadway and main and turn-ins are at the Hall of Waters. I believe you can load in starting at 8 on Friday and out by 5 on Saturday. The rules are the KCBS 2012 official rules and regulations. Power is good and space is at a premium. Get there early if you have a big rig.

Bunny
07-30-2012, 11:40 AM
This is a great contest and Rich and I (KCass BBQ) will be there to compete. It's full of great friends and great food. Come on out and join the fun.

Bunny

mobow
07-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Great place to judge. Have not cooked it. They have a pasta contest before meat turn ins that is sponsored by a local pasta company. keith