PDA

View Full Version : Pull off the bone Comp Ribs

bluegrass smoke
07-28-2012, 09:32 PM
I used Myron's spareribs recipe out of his cookbook. They tasted great were fall off the bone. and I even pulled them 30 mins early. I think wrapping really helps to finish them but how do I get pull off the bone not fall off the bone???
thanks
Have a great weekend:razz:

Ron_L
07-28-2012, 09:34 PM
At the risk of stating the obvious, don't cook them so long. I don't know what Myron's recipe calls for, but you have to figure out the right timing for your cooker.

bluegrass smoke
07-28-2012, 09:40 PM
At the risk of stating the obvious, don't cook them so long. I don't know what Myron's recipe calls for, but you have to figure out the right timing for your cooker.

I cooked them on the UBS because it holds the most consistent temps
just more practice I guess!!!

Ron_L
07-28-2012, 09:46 PM
I have very little UDS experience but I've heard that they cook fast, so the timing in Myron's recipe were probably off. It also depends on the weight of the racks. I try to be fairly consistent in buying ribs. I prefer racks that are between 2.5 and 3 lbs after trimming. For those I cook at 265-ish for 2.5 hours then wrap and cook for 1.5 hours then glaze and either set the glaze for a few minutes or cook longer if not done yet.

bluegrass smoke
07-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Are you going to be at the Jack?

Ron_L
07-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Nope. We've had to take this year off from comps to take care of a health issue.

porkingINpublic
07-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Health issue- enlarged pickle growth... :biggrin1:

My UDS does cook faster than my other pits even if the temp says its the same. I don't know how to explain it but it happens