PDA

View Full Version : Contest Announcment Possible contest announcement. Cody's bbq of riverhead hosting a ckn and rib cookoff

early mornin' smokin'
07-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Just trying to put some feelers out. Cody's bbq of riverhead had accidentally tried to plan a ckn and rib cook the same weekend as the battle of the brethren at the maples. I've suggested they reschedule, because no ones entered yet. What weekend would be best for any interested teams. What other NY/northeast comps are going on this time of year.

Mods move or re-title as necessary.

Sledneck
07-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Peoples choice? Blind judged? More info

motoeric
07-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Sled - Their current plans are for a blind judged, 3 judge panel. They are/were bringing in Konrad Haskins to judge, their pitmaster and someone else.

I'd be happy to participate as long as it wasn't conflicting with another event. It would be perfect to have in October, slotting it in where the Farmingdale College event was going to be.

Eric

Sledneck
07-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Sled - Their current plans are for a blind judged, 3 judge panel. They are/were bringing in Konrad Haskins to judge, their pitmaster and someone else.

I'd be happy to participate as long as it wasn't conflicting with another event. It would be perfect to have in October, slotting it in where the Farmingdale College event was going to be.

EricThanks. Question #2.who is Conrad Haskins ? You mention it like he's somebody well known. Should I know him? Do others know him? Is he as famous as Clint?

motoeric
07-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks. Question #2.who is Conrad Haskins ? You mention it like he's somebody well known. Should I know him? Do others know him? Is he as famous as Clint?

He runs a BBQ school and consulting firm on the west coast. I think in Oregon.

Eric

early mornin' smokin'
07-29-2012, 07:06 AM
thanks Eric, what weekend was the farmingdale event supposed to be

Anchors Smokeshop
07-29-2012, 08:07 AM
What happened to the Farmingdale event?

motoeric
07-29-2012, 12:11 PM
thanks Eric, what weekend was the farmingdale event supposed to be

Oct. 13, 14.

Eric

motoeric
07-29-2012, 12:31 PM
What happened to the Farmingdale event?

It was postponed until 2013. There was an announcement made here a few weeks ago.

Eric