PDA

View Full Version : SAMs club - Medford 8/17-8/18

scm1226
07-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Smokin' Irish will be there. 26 teams and counting who are the other 25?

trohrs123
07-19-2012, 11:25 AM
we will be there

Meat@Slim's
07-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Slim's is in!

biggs98
07-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Smokin' Irish will be there. 26 teams and counting who are the other 25?

We requested to be right next to you guys :becky:

boogiesnap
07-19-2012, 04:18 PM
i'm one of the 26.

timzcardz
07-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Grim Reaper Smokers will be there.

smokinit
07-19-2012, 05:38 PM
seya there

scm1226
07-19-2012, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=biggs98;2141697]We requested to be right next to you guys :becky:[/QUOTE

Just watch the extension cord.

Bob S
07-19-2012, 08:45 PM
We'll be there!

Sledneck
07-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Nice Rack is in

Mornin' Wood
07-20-2012, 02:33 AM
Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Westexbbq
07-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Ma's Que Crew (Brian) and I will be there, not square.
Looking forward to this one.

Smokin' Aces
08-02-2012, 08:37 AM
do we get any info about this or spot locations

scm1226
08-02-2012, 08:56 AM
We didn't get any info yet about this either.
What's up with the wings. No info on that. On other threads it says you can cook them anyway you want including frying them, is this true??

CBQ
08-02-2012, 10:02 AM
ZBQ is in. Last year parking spaces...err...cooksites...were allocated based on the order you showed up in at the contest.

ique
08-02-2012, 10:36 AM
ZBQ is in. Last year parking spaces...err...cooksites...were allocated based on the order you showed up in at the contest.

Should we expect 20x20?

MrsBigBarry
08-02-2012, 12:30 PM
We're not competing, but we may come by Friday evening to visit.

CBQ
08-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Should we expect 20x20?

They were 20x40 last year.

Q Haven
08-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Q Haven is cooking this one.

MikeR
08-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Catching up on my lost sleep from Manorville and getting ready for Medford, should be fun. Good luck all.

Westexbbq
08-10-2012, 08:52 AM
This is all I know so far, (from the Sam's KCBS website)
believe it is 20 X 40

2012 Rules and Regulations (http://www.kcbs.us/sams-club-series-rules.php)

tugbone
08-10-2012, 09:47 AM
good luck guys

CMALANGA
08-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Bad Ass is in. For what there worth here are the rules from the KCBS website:

On-Site Rules and Regulations

1. A mandatory Cooks' Meeting will be held at 5:00 p.m. on Friday to go over the rules and to answer any questions about the current contest or about the series as a whole. The Series Director will communicate the location.

2. A mandatory Judges' Meeting will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday to review the rules. The Series Director will communicate the location.

3. Series Director will be on-site by 8:00 a.m. on Friday.

4. Official load in time is 8:00 a.m. on Friday. Teams are permitted to stay overnight on Thursday, but they must move as far away from the store as possible.

5. Official Power Time: Friday 12:00 p.m. - Saturday 5:00 p.m.

6. No cooking of any kind may begin until meat has been inspected by the Official Meat Inspector. Meat inspection will be on Friday between 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (If a team CANNOT arrive in time for this inspection they must make alternative arrangements IN ADVANCE by contacting the Series Director.

7. Unless otherwise announced at and for a particular contest, teams are not allowed to distribute samples to the public.

8. Pits must be clean.

9. There must be no cigarette or cigar smoking, no dipping snuff and no chewing tobacco while handling the meat or preparing it for competition.

10. Clothing, signs, banners, stickers, etc. that displays crude, rude or graphic details/words/images is not permitted.

11. Cleanliness of the cook, assistant cooks and contest area is required, and the use of rubber or plastic gloves while handling the meats is mandatory.

12. Cook sites will be supplied with up to 20 amps of electricity; generators may be permitted with prior approval from the Series Director. Water sources will be available.

13. Reminder: Each cook team must have an approved fire extinguisher on site.

14. Contestants must provide all needed equipment and supplies.

15. Pits, cookers, props, trailers, tents or any other equipment including generators may not exceed the boundaries of the team's assigned cooking space. Each team will have up to a 40 x 20 space. Some parking lots are smaller than others. Every effort will be made to accommodate your cooking equipment. Space will be used as efficiently as possible to minimize the impact on the local Sam’s Club. All seasoning and cooking of product must be done within the confines of the team's assigned space.

16. If ancillary contests are available at a particular location, the Series Director will communicate those 48 hours in advance of the competition.

17. A 9"x 9" Styrofoam container will be provided for each entry. Each team must submit enough pieces or enough of each entry for a table of six (6) judges. We encourage you to include as many portions as container space allows.

18. All competitions in the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour will be blind judging only: Entries must be submitted in the numbered boxes provided by the contest representatives. The team number must show on top of the container at turn in. Boxes will then be re-numbered by the contest officials for submission to the judges.

19. A container will be provided for hot ashes. After cooking is completed, please use this container to avoid fires and to help keep your area clean.

20. It is the responsibility of the team to see that their assigned cooking space is kept clean and policed following the contest. All fires must be put out and all equipment removed from site. It is imperative that cleanup be thorough. Any team's assigned cooking space left in disarray or with loose trash, other than at trash containers, may disqualify that team from participation in future Sam's Club National BBQ Tour contests.

21. Load out for teams will be from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. on Saturday. Teams are permitted to stay overnight on Saturday, but they must move as far away from the store as possible.

22. QUIET TIME is applicable from 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. Excessive use of radios or amplifying equipment will not be allowed at any time and is grounds for disqualification; therefore, the considerate use of such equipment MUST be observed at all times. No live music will be permitted.

23. No political signage is permitted. No signage or promotional material may be displayed or distributed without prior approval from Sam's Club officials, and no solicitation is allowed. Due to existing sponsorships and partnerships for the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour, Sam's Club and KCBS reserve the right to have any team sponsorship signage removed or covered up during the contest.

24. It is the responsibility of each team to secure all items when not present. Lock food, beverages and valuables out of sight in vehicles, and extinguish all fires/flames, unplug outlets, secure pits, chairs, ice chests and store alcohol in locked containers.

25. No motorized vehicles other than those used for loading in and out are permitted. This includes golf carts, mopeds, scooters, ATVs and go-carts.

26. Decisions of the judges, KCBS and/or Sam's Club are final.

BBQchef33
08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
We dropped out. BBQ burnout set in and even though I miss the contests, I decided to take one more road trip with my son. Last shot before he starts college. Going to pack the Escalade with fishing gear, a duffle bag and a cooler, and head north, then west. No real destinations yet, but we are looking at heading up to Niagra falls, then ride along the lakes possibly to cedar point getting back in time for the Veterans Cook on the 25th. Goal is to avoid any road that starts with I. Taking the secondary roads (like US1 and Route 66), and see what we can find. If anyone wants my entry, send me a note.

ique
08-10-2012, 11:56 AM
We dropped out. BBQ burnout set in and even though I miss the contests, I decided to take one more road trip with my son. Last shot before he starts college. Going to pack the Escalade with fishing gear, a duffle bag and a cooler, and head north, then west. No real destinations yet, but we are looking at heading up to Niagra falls, then ride along the lakes possibly to cedar point getting back in time for the Veterans Cook on the 25th. Goal is to avoid any road that starts with I. Taking the secondary roads (like US1 and Route 66), and see what we can find. If anyone wants my entry, send me a note.

Sounds like a great idea. Enjoy!

BBQchef33
08-10-2012, 02:25 PM
^^^^^
as he breathes a sigh of relief knowing I wont be there to beat him in his own game.

:mrgreen::caked:

(some absentee smack talk).

timzcardz
08-10-2012, 02:33 PM
^^^^^
as he breathes a sigh of relief knowing I wont be there to beat him in his own game.

:mrgreen::caked:

(some absentee smack talk).

I think he was more worried about Scott then you. This past weekend should substanitate that.

Just like that you went from a double header to nada!

Enjoy the trip.

BBQchef33
08-10-2012, 02:59 PM
It was easy. My son said ' dad, can we take a road trip before i start college?. Just us. ' :redface: :shock:

When he was young we would take long road trips with no destination. He was so proud when he told his mom he got to fart in 9 states in 2 weeks. We missed that last year due to organizing manorville.

Hes 18 soon. Starts college 8/29. And still wants to hang out with his ol' man. This probably wont last forever, so it was a no brainer. BBQ will always be here. This opportunity may not.

So like i said, anyone wants my entry let me know. :thumb:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

NS Mike D
08-10-2012, 08:54 PM
It was easy. My son said ' dad, can we take a road trip before i start college?. Just us. ' :redface: :shock:

When he was young we would take long road trips with no destination. He was so proud when he told his mom he got to fart in 9 states in 2 weeks. We missed that last year due to organizing manorville.

Hes 18 soon. Starts college 8/29. And still wants to hang out with his ol' man. This probably wont last forever, so it was a no brainer. BBQ will always be here. This opportunity may not.

awesome stuff - I spend 4 years in Buffalo, and while the weather is usually miserable, it is beautiful up there this time of year. Fort Erie/Niagara/Grand Island.

I'll take the entry (I was looking for my KCBS number for the entry form when I stumbled on this post).

let me know how we do this - I can net out the water from last week and either pay pal or check

Mike

Jaskew82
08-11-2012, 01:51 PM

That is really cool. For what its worth, if he is 18 and still wants to hang with you, he will probably always want to hang with you. Good job pops!

trohrs123
08-11-2012, 02:41 PM

I wish my son would want to take a road trip without me having to threaten, bribe, and guilt him into it....have fun and enjoy him!

NS Mike D
08-13-2012, 08:17 AM

Phil, didn't realize I have to pick up my son and attend a bbq at Eagle Camp in Baiting Hollow on Friday, so I am going top have to pass on this. Sorry.

Anyone else want this spot?

CBQ
08-13-2012, 09:51 AM
I wish my son would want to take a road trip without me having to threaten, bribe, and guilt him into it....have fun and enjoy him!

Can't imagine where he got that stubborn streak from!

(Hint: probably not Sandy :becky:)

Westexbbq
08-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Medford team list posted on kcbs website, see this thread I started.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141422