PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Fall Festival....Judging Wacko

BoneDaddy's
07-16-2012, 11:48 AM
So....I do not want this joker checking out my rib box!

from the organizer:
If you are getting this email you are on my list for Harvard Fall Festival BBQ contest judging. The dates for the event are Sept 15 & 16. Sept 16 is the KCBS contest and Sept 15 is the NEBS grilling contest. For Sept 16 I will need 70 judges (that includes table captains). For Sept 15 I will probably need close to the same. Please respond with one email to which days you can judge. I currently have 85 judges on the list and plan to invite 75, I will wait until the end of July for all responses. It goes in the order of last year to when you contacted me this year, so if everyone responds, some will be left off. Please respond by July 31 or you will go to the end of the list. I will let everyone know by the middle of August if they are on the active list. Please! One email only

Easy to understand and Fair Enough....then this guy replies to all:
I will judge on Sunday, Sept 16 ONLY if I am at the TOP of the Judges list. If I am at the bottom of the list, I will not judge on Sept 16. Because you need 75 Judges, I would prefer to be ranked in the top 20. I will not judge the grilling contest. Please do NOT email me again about the grilling contest. I only want ONE email back in regards to my standing on the Judges list. If I do not hear back from you before the End of August, I will put this contest at the END of my list of competitions that I judge. Again, only One email response by the end of August, Please!

Sorry for the long post, but I really do not want this guy judging a contest!

-Frank

mobow
07-16-2012, 12:15 PM
If I was that organizer his application just got lost. The organizer is nice enough to let everyone know how he is determining the order and also nice enough to let you know he will not need everyone and a time frame of when he will put out the final list. Great communication from the organizer. keith

landarc
07-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Is there a big difference between being judge 1 and judge 50? Why would it matter where you are on the judge list if you know with enough time if you are in or not?

TooSaucedToPork
07-16-2012, 12:40 PM
:becky::becky::becky: One more for the douche file :becky::becky::becky:

Talk about entitlement issues!!!