PDA

View Full Version : first sanctioned contest not so good

2guystryin
07-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Brockport was not so good. Had a problem keeping temps. and food was bland. dont know what happend. i think it all started when i left the lid off the uds and started a grease fire in it lol. Burnt the rub, took off 9 thighs before we dropped the grate to the bottom. luck the chicken was fused to the grate. only lost 1 outta 20 lol. then the ash came. still lmao. it was a great time though. met some great people. congrats to my neighbor shortsville smokers for taking grand champ.:wacko:

fnbish
07-10-2012, 07:31 AM
My first sanctioned KCBS I finished dead ass last and really was a blow to the gut........till I got home and couldn't wait till the next competition. While your chicken skin is a little burnt for competition it looks like the way I like my skin at home. Love that charred crispy skin :razz:. Keep at it.

2guystryin
07-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Lol we finished second to last. i cant wait till we can do it again. id be doin it every weekend if i could.

Ron_L
07-10-2012, 07:57 AM
As long as you got everything turned in on time and didn't get any DQ's, and you had fun, the first one was a success!

Dr_KY
07-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Agreed laugh and enjoy what you do. :)

2guystryin
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
I was sitting on my front porch yesterday and just busted out laughing, my eyes started watering and my wife asked me what was wrong with me. Every time i see the look on my father inlaws face when that chicken dropped i just crack up. Priceless. Watch out the next time we may blow up the butt lol. Keep on smoken!!!:laugh:

mobow
07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Well you got that one out of the way and you are able to laugh about the things that went wrong. As said above no DQ's everything turned in and sounds like you had fun. Be interested to hear how the next one goes. keith
ps. I had my water pan crash into the ashes once during a practice cook. Looked like Mt. Saint Helens erupting.