PDA

View Full Version : S.C. BBQ Joints / Sauce

ericwa
07-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I will be vacationing in South Carolina later this month. I want to visit as many of the "best" BBQ restaurants that I can. I am leaving space in the cooler to pick up some local sauces as well.

So, any recommendations? We will primarily be in Columbia and Charleston but final plans have not been made. We will be passing through North Carolina as well.

Google has provided some ideas but was thinking this would be a better place to get the inside scoop.

cudexter
07-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Dukes in Walterboro

peaspurple
07-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Sticky fingers in downtown charleston is ok. I like there sauces. I definitely recommend getting some boiled peanuts from timbos over in west Ashley. Best I've ever had.

smokesalad
07-09-2012, 11:23 PM
There is a place near Eutawville called sweatmans that is excellent. If youre in Columbia try Maurice Bessingers. His brother has a place in Charleston west Ashley. There is a rib joint in Georgetown ,just up the coast from Charleston, dont know the name. Charleston has a lot of really good restaraunts. If you want fried go to Hymens.

smokesalad
07-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Prepare for yellow sauce.

ButchB
07-10-2012, 09:37 AM
The screaming pig in cherry grove beach and scotts in hemingway. Both are good!

Wrench_H
07-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Not BBQ, but Magnolias in Charleston is one of my favorite restaraunts in the world. Its a bit pricy, but very unique southern food.

ericwa
07-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the tips. I have already put some of these in the GPS and ready to go. Looking forward to some mustard based sauce! Will let you know how it goes when I get back.