PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Jasper Strassenfest Barbeque Contest

ov1
07-05-2012, 07:50 PM
We are currently at 26 teams and have room for a few more.

jbrink01
07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
B&B is in!

indianagriller
07-06-2012, 09:15 AM
sent ours in yesterday Ottie...

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
07-06-2012, 02:42 PM
We mailed ours in Tuesday.

Wampus
07-06-2012, 04:22 PM
I GOTTA try some sausages this time. First time I was there, never walked the actual Strassenfest! :crazy:

quarters69
07-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Hopefully we can get there!!! It's a long haul. Have to see if we have enough gas money budgeted for a trip like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ov1
07-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Hopefully we can get there!!! It's a long haul. Have to see if we have enough gas money budgeted for a trip like that.

I may be able to set up a small benefit to cover gas money for you guys if that would help!:razz:

quarters69
07-06-2012, 07:59 PM
I may be able to set up a small benefit to cover gas money for you guys if that would help!:razz:

That would be great Ottie!!!! I really appreciate a organizer willing to help a team out!!

Dragline
07-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Yellow River will be there! Still trying to muster up enough guts to try chicken hearts :mmph: just really doesn't sound to appealing but I love gizzards but hearts not to sure bout that.

quarters69
07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Chicken hearts are the bomb!!! You will love them. 100 times better than livers and gizzards.

New Pal Frank
07-16-2012, 02:55 PM
We're in. I've had the hearts, gizzards and livers. Livers only for me thanks.

Ulcer Acres
07-16-2012, 08:25 PM
We are looking so forward to it. When what contest we are going to go to comes up, Marla says Jasper, Murphysboro and Memphis in May

SinginBob
07-17-2012, 07:51 AM
I didn't realize there was already a thread started and put one out yesterday...Oops!

This will be the first KCBS contest for The Hoosier Meatheads. I'll qualify that by saying that my wife (Judy) and I moved to Jasper from Olathe, KS in March and decided to start our own team; however, we have previously cooked with the MOKan Meatheads out in KS/MO for a few years. Not sure we learned enough from them, but BBQ is in my blood now and we gotta try and do them proud!

I kept the "Meathead" name--as my boys say, "Once a Meathead, always a Meathead!"--but now we're Hoosier (my wife is actually from Jasper) Meatheads.

Other contests we're looking at doing include Madison, IN, Quincy, IL (our son lives there), Owensboro, KY and Connersville, IN and possibly heading to KC to cook the Royal with my former team.

I look forward to meeting all you guys/gals in a few weeks! Should be fun!

Singin' Bob and Judy Atwood

indianagriller
07-17-2012, 08:48 AM
We are looking so forward to it. When what contest we are going to go to comes up, Marla says Jasper, Murphysboro and Memphis in May

Any chance of one of you Famous 9:22 shots?

Just Pulin' Pork
07-17-2012, 08:59 AM
I used to work for a company that is based out of Jasper! I would love to come back and cook this contest someday, such a neat town! Good luck to all who are cooking!

4 smokin butts
07-17-2012, 09:57 AM
were in for this one ,just got a room at jasper convention center....jaspers pretty well sold out do to festival......had a great time last year,great hearts

ov1
07-17-2012, 08:57 PM
We are officially full and will be starting a waiting list!

Thank you to all the teams that help make this a great event!

indianagriller
07-17-2012, 09:06 PM
do you have a team list available? i want to make sure you got mine.

ov1
07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Acme BBQ
Son Seekers BBQ Team
Bourbon Barrel BBQ
Dolf's BBQ
Team Herzog
Yellow River BBQ
Ribs & Bibs
Thunder Hog BBQ
Z Smoke
Eat Mor Butt
4 Smokin Butts
Pig Pak
Addiction
Barnyard Bar-B-Q
Hug Hogs
Holy Town Cookers
Rest In Pork
B & B BBQ & Catering
Hoosier Meatheads
Sonny Ja's BarBeQue
Road Warriors BBQ
Thin Blue BBQ
Red Hot-N-Rollin
Hobbie Bar-B-Q
one2bbq
Backyard Kuisine
GettaQue
Big JT's Smokin BBQ
Ole Man Larry's
BoneHead BBQ
BIGG E BBQ
Smiling Pete's BBQ
WEISKRACKS BBQ
Smokin T's
United Pork Smokers
Twyford BBQ & Catering
Kentucky Kookers
Shadetree Cookers

SinginBob
07-18-2012, 11:31 AM
were in for this one ,just got a room at jasper convention center....jaspers pretty well sold out do to festival......had a great time last year,great hearts

You bringing any Apple Pie? (You may or may not remember me, but I cooked with Wayne on MOKan Meatheads back in KC--I know you remember Wayne! We moved to Jasper in March and now it's my wife and I carrying on the MeatHead tradition out here.) Looking forward to seeing you all again!

4 smokin butts
07-18-2012, 12:14 PM
too hot for apple pie ,ice cold gent. jack and sweet lucy looking forward too seeing former meathead

AbleAcresBBQ
07-19-2012, 09:09 AM
I have fond memories of that ice cold gentleman jack from last year. Wish we could make it again this year.

Pappy Q
07-19-2012, 05:40 PM
I have fond memories of that ice cold gentleman jack from last year. Wish we could make it again this year.

You sure seemed pretty happy when you left....I think it was a combination of the Jack and the GC:-D

ov1
07-20-2012, 08:42 PM
We are currently at 26 teams and have room for a few more.

Acme BBQ
Son Seekers BBQ Team
Bourbon Barrel BBQ
Dolf's BBQ
Team Herzog
Yellow River BBQ
Ribs & Bibs
Thunder Hog BBQ
Z Smoke
Eat Mor Butt
4 Smokin Butts
Pig Pak
Addiction
Barnyard Bar-B-Q
Hug Hogs
Holy Town Cookers
Rest In Pork
B & B BBQ & Catering
Hoosier Meatheads
Sonny Ja's BarBeQue
Road Warriors BBQ
Thin Blue BBQ
Red Hot-N-Rollin
Hobbie Bar-B-Q
one2bbq
Backyard Kuisine
GettaQue
Big JT's Smokin BBQ
Ole Man Larry's
BoneHead BBQ
BIGG E BBQ
Smiling Pete's BBQ
WEISKRACKS BBQ
Smokin T's
United Pork Smokers
Twyford BBQ & Catering
Kentucky Kookers
Shadetree Cookers
Meant to put Shadetree Cooks.
Also forgot to add Show us your Boo-B-Q to the list.

quarters69
07-29-2012, 05:32 PM
See everybody this weekend. Safe travels.

Rest in pork
07-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Looking forward to the Strassenfest. Can't wait to give this another shoot. See you all this week end!

Wampus
07-30-2012, 09:09 AM
See everybody this weekend. Safe travels.

When you getting there? Jimmy can't come until Friday, but I'm considering coming down Thursday night. Not sure.

Is anyone planning on coming Thursday?

quarters69
07-30-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm gonna pull the rig over Thursday. Get set-up and probably go home for night.

ov1
07-30-2012, 06:36 PM
We could use about 5-6 more judges if anyone is interested in judging.

New Pal Frank
07-31-2012, 04:34 AM

We are planning on pulling in Thursday afternoon.:clap2:

See you there and safe travels.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
07-31-2012, 11:50 AM
We could use about 5-6 more judges if anyone is interested in judging.

How about I just score my own food? Would that make it easier? :)

quarters69
07-31-2012, 12:47 PM
How about I just score my own food? Would that make it easier? :)

Yeah probably. Since all your food is bland and tasteless :)

jbrink01
07-31-2012, 09:40 PM
I thought I was bringing the bland and tasteless food...............? Or, was that Dennis?
;-) - Just teasing there Mr. RGC last week.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
07-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah probably. Since all your food is bland and tasteless :)

hopefully you can help me out with that this weekend. :)

4 smokin butts
08-01-2012, 09:01 AM
here a rumer a team or 2 not on team list comming top secert!!!

quarters69
08-01-2012, 11:05 AM
here a rumer a team or 2 not on team list comming top secert!!!

Rumors, Rumors!! More the merrier!!

SinginBob
08-01-2012, 11:49 AM
When you getting there? Jimmy can't come until Friday, but I'm considering coming down Thursday night. Not sure.

We will be loading out as much as possible sometime tomorrow evening (or earlier if I can skip out of a training session at work)! I'll be sure and introduce myself/us when we get there and are set up.

Since we are newly local, we have been invited to "shut down the beer garden" by some friends. That probably means 1) my wife will be driving (babysitting) me and 2) We'll likely head home to sleep off the alcohol -- or we may just stumble back to our site and fall asleep--stay tuned!

I'll extend the invitation to all of you here tomorrow night: the beer garden is only a few blocks away, so come on over and help close it down! What else have you got to do on a Thursday night in Jasper, IN?!

We are looking very forward to meeting all you new (to us) Brethren folks and having a blast this weekend!!

Wampus
08-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Yeah, well it turns our I forgot that I told the wife I'd drop the kids off somewhere on Friday morning and I now have to meet someone for a job tomorrow evening at 6, so I won't be able to make it down until Friday morning.

BUT....still plan on hanging out as much as possible until "GO TIME" arrives, which for us isn't until after dinner on Friday and even then once things are trimmed, we're good until the wee hours, so there'll be plenty of time left for eating sausage and drinking apple pie. :thumb:

4 smokin butts
08-02-2012, 09:05 AM
were leaving this afternoon for jasper,3.5 hoursfrom millstadt,100 degrees here again, whats the forcast ther for fri -sat.. B&B,and the 4 smokin butts[2] having dinner tonight at german diner 7-8pm

quarters69
08-02-2012, 11:03 AM
102 Friday. 60% chance storms
90 Saturday. 40% chance storms.

Old Dave
08-03-2012, 02:03 AM
It's about 3:00am in Jasper on this Friday morning and we have had a nice gentle rain for the last four hours. Should be over soon.

Dave