PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Georgia/North Alabama

qman
10-05-2005, 09:03 PM
I am going to be on a road trip into North west Ga next week. Any suggestions of good places to catch some que? I am going to try to get over to Decatur AL to Big Bob Gibsons.
We will be riding our motorcycles in the general area around the Ga/Al/Tn borders.

CharlieBeasley
10-06-2005, 07:10 AM
There is a place off 65 to the east and North east of Cullman nearest major road is Highway 231 called Arab. Drive north on 231 to the first concrete plant turn right on the road that goes next to the concrete plant on south side. You will go through a 4way stop continue until the road tees. You will go right as you make the turn you will see a farm with a house on the road about 200 yards down the road the butcher shop is behind the house makes very good sausage and ribs (you will need a place to picnic but the lake just north is a beautiful state park.) Another 300 pounder and I went and got a rack then went to Mac Donald's for napkins and a drink we made two meals out of a slab no sauce just smoke and dry rub. The Alabama magazine did a feature on them a couple years ago. Good food Good people and fun to find! Good luck and enjoy.

:-D

qman
10-06-2005, 08:39 PM
Thanks Charlie; That is exactly the kind of place I like to look for.

Appreciate the info.

nmayeux
10-08-2005, 06:44 PM
There is a fairly good BBQ joint in Bremen, GA off I-20, but I cannot remember the name off the top of my head. However, where you are riding there are countless small places to eat. Enjoy the ride, and I wish I were able to tag along. Also, how about some pics of the scoot?
Noah