PDA

View Full Version : Garrys

twinsfan
07-03-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm guessing a bunch of mid-atlantic brethren are entering, it may be too late to enter but I'll send in an application. It says they supply you with a case of ribs to cook, is that true? So then we'd just need to bring meat for Chicken and Chef's Choice? Also what's the difference between Ribs and the Rib Challenge.

*I'm between Garry's and Victory BrewBQ in Downington.

Thanks,

altomari8868
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM
They do give you a full case of Ribs. Just remember that those that are judging it do not judge like a KCBS contest. I was there last year and some funky flavors were called out. In the chefs choice I believe a Gumbo won... Best of luck!

Goddahavit
07-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Actually a desert won chefs choice.....:wink:

As for the ribs vs rib challenge, ribs is against the pitmaster division, where the rib challenge is against pitmaster and restaurants.
I think it was over 70 total last year big shout out to little lukes on winning and getting world series tix...

It is 2 different turn ins of ribs...

Shady
07-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I have been at the Garry for two years they do give you a case of Hatfield St Louis cuts that are frozen. If your going to use them plan extra time for thawing. I bring an empty cooler, and cook them later.

twinsfan
07-04-2012, 03:21 PM
Thanks. I forgot I'll be away in Europe that week but it sounds like tons of fun and I know a couple guys who go there. I'll try next year

butt head
07-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks. I forgot I'll be away in Europe that week but it sounds like tons of fun and I know a couple guys who go there. I'll try next year

:wacko:how do you forget your going to europe:caked:

smokeworker
07-05-2012, 11:15 AM
:wacko:how do you forget your going to europe:caked:
must be european....I was thinking the same thing:blabla: