PDA

View Full Version : Possibly cooking for work on 4th of July

pal251
07-02-2012, 03:45 AM
I am not a caterer. I am thinking about cooking a pork butt(s) if I have time in the next day or two and pulling it to make sandwiches for work. I think we are going to be having 20 or 25 people eating. I won't be providing the drinks and I wont be providing the sides. Just the meat.

If i cook a 10 pound pork butt how much meat typically should a person be able to get as in percentages?

Second thing is I don't have access to large amounts of boiling water so what is a good way to reheat the food if I decide to freeze it?

pal251
07-02-2012, 05:40 AM
My main concern is reheating the food. Should I do it from Frozen or refrigerate it into separate bags and then how do I heat it from cold/frozen to warm?

I figured put it in a dish and put foil over it while putting it in the oven would be the best.

accuseal
07-02-2012, 06:14 AM
I would just bag and refrigerate if just a couple of days. Put it into a foil pan, cover with foil and warm slowly, like

at 200 deg. I would figure 1/2 pund of uncooked shoulder per person. Good luck.

nthole
07-02-2012, 09:55 AM
1/2 lb uncooked per person is a safe number to go with. So you'll be stretching it with a 10lb butt. Maybe 2 7 lbers?

For reheating, if you can boil it up at home and then keep it warm that might work.