PDA

View Full Version : Wooo piggg soieee!

Crankbait
07-01-2012, 12:17 PM
First of all, how bout dem hogs?

Now that I have that out of my system- I have been lurking on this website for quite some time and figured it was time to join. I would also like to go ahead and mention that this website has been extremely helpful to me as I have recently taken a liking to cooking my own bbq! In fact, I am very new and just bought my first smoker- the Akorn kamado cooker from Lowes a couple of weeks ago.

Anyhow, my wife and I relocated to Tennessee last June from Arkansas and are really enjoying living near Nashville. I am an avid bass fisherman, hence my screen name, and wanted to live near lakes in which I could fish. (We also moved here for jobs-so I guess I should mention that as well). To continue, my wife is originally from Knoxville and is a graduate of both UT and Vandy. I am an avid Razorback football fan, so we have a great deal of fun teasing each other in the fall. We ended up here after we met in Arkansas and figured this was as good a place as any between our two families. (Can't be too close)

To try to keep this short- I want to say a big thank you to the BBQ brethren! I actually feel like I already know a few of you, as like I said I have been reading these forums for some time. I hope to not only contribute as a member, but also meet a few friends along the way. If anyone is in the Nashville area and loves to bass fish and/or BBQ, send me a shout! I don't know many people around here yet and am always looking for some fellowship around the pit or on the boat.

I am also going to take a stab at posting a picture, errr PRON I suppose. As I understand, most members love to look at pictures-so this should make this post a little more visible and entertaining.

My Kamado smoker/grill in action (with me monitoring progress):

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/willfish4bbq/Pulled%20Pork%20First%20Try/BBQP_Pork017.jpg

See you on the forums!

Will

bluegrass smoke
07-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Woo pig!!! I'm an arky living in Kentucky you will enjoy this site welcome brethren!!!

Crankbait
07-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you Bluegrass! You are not far from me it sounds like! My wife and I have been wanting to go up to the Maker's Mark distillery and check it out. Have you been to it?

cowgirl
07-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Crankbait!

bluetang
07-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

bronc76
07-01-2012, 06:31 PM
Welcome crankbait! I used to live in Andersonville,TN just outside of Knoxville. I have since moved to Burbank California. I love TN though and miss living there. I too am an avid bass fisherman. Fishing is not too good in Cali compared to TN. Enjoy the lakes, the bbq, and all your new bbq friends.

MrGrayHair
07-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Hey Crankbait! Welcome to the good guy's club!

OneArlenBBQ
07-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Crankbait Welcome. Now about them hogs. We use 'em for target practice down my way. Feral hogs that is. Most destructive and dangerous as they start to venture into town where small kids are playing. Here tell they've torn up a few golf courses with their night moves.