View Full Version : trip to west Kentucky places to eat?

bluegrass smoke
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
I got a business trip next week to evansville ,owensboro , hopkinsville etc...
where are some good BBQ places?

that's hot
06-22-2012, 12:21 PM
moonlite in owensboro would be my choice , how ever i'm certain that there are other places around that are just as good.

06-22-2012, 03:06 PM
I think there is a place called Old Hickory in Owensborro. Mutton is not really my deal. There is an awesome place in Mundfordville, Ky. It is near Elizabethtown. It is called Big Bubba Bucks Belly Busting BBQ Bliss. It is a really fun place with lots of character. The best food and they cook with charcoal which is different then a lot of places. You get sweet tea and banana pudding with each meal. Love that place. If you are anywhere near you have to visit.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
06-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Find a place that does BBQ mutton like moonlite or old hickory pit in Owensboro. Mutton is not for everyone but not many places outside of Western KY make it.

06-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Nobody thinks that name is hilarious "Big Bubba Bucks Belly Bustin BBQ Bliss!" In Mundfordville, KY. I thought I would get a comment or two about that.

06-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Definitly Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro. It's a legendary old place. Mutton and Burgoo are a big deal up there but they have pork and ribs too. Burgoo is kind of like pureed Brunswick Stew. The buffet is the way to go. If you're hanging around for a Saturday find out where the Davies County Parish Picnic is that weekend. They have them every weekend during the summer and it's amazing. I was at one where they cooked 750 gallons of Burgoo and they cooked mutton, pork, and chickens on a 75 foot long open pit. Old Hickory pretty much sucked when I was there but it's the other famous old p[lace in Owensboro.