PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Bay Area BBQ Championships, Oakland, CA - July 6th & 7th

SirPorkaLot
06-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Who is going?

This will be our first KCBS contest since moving to the West Coast. :clap2:
Looking forward to meeting fellow brethren out there.

deguerre
06-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Well cool. Good Luck John!

deguerre
06-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Other than Humanie, Phatt Matt and you, (These were the ones I immediately recognized) do you recognize any other Brethren teams from this list?

http://www.bayareabbq.org/Meet-the-Teams.html

swamprb
06-19-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm not having any luck convincing my niece to change the date of her wedding in Bodega Bay, so I won't be able to hang out and harass Dr. BBQ, and the inlaws are all Giants fans and even if they would go to see the A's and Mariners play< I don't know if I could stand 9 innings of whining about the Designated Hitter! Damn! I really wanted to check this one out- Good Smokin' Luck to all!

Are you doing the Santa Rosa event?

SirPorkaLot
06-20-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm not having any luck convincing my niece to change the date of her wedding in Bodega Bay, so I won't be able to hang out and harass Dr. BBQ, and the inlaws are all Giants fans and even if they would go to see the A's and Mariners play< I don't know if I could stand 9 innings of whining about the Designated Hitter! Damn! I really wanted to check this one out- Good Smokin' Luck to all!

Are you doing the Santa Rosa event?

I would like to do the Santa Rosa event, but it doesn't fit in my schedule. Best of luck at your niece's wedding. I'll harass Ray Lampe for ya though.

JerryA
06-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Who is going?

This will be our first KCBS contest since moving to the West Coast. :clap2:
Looking forward to meeting fellow brethren out there.

Good Luck!

Smokedelic
06-20-2012, 11:03 PM
We'll be there....the second part of our "2012 Road to Nowhere" tour. Two contests(Santa Clara & Oakland), with 3 stops at sponsor clients, in 2 different states, in between.

SirPorkaLot
06-21-2012, 11:11 AM
We'll be there....the second part of our "2012 Road to Nowhere" tour. Two contests(Santa Clara & Oakland), with 3 stops at sponsor clients, in 2 different states, in between.

I will make it a point to look you up. Best luck to ya!

landarc
06-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Check-in for the Team SirPorkalot slacker, currently, I cannot reliably stand on my left leg, as the hip is tending to pop and causes me to either fall or stumble. I do not believe it is advantageous to have a person that might flop onto the smoker at any moment. But, I am hoping to be there.

riblette
06-21-2012, 07:16 PM
I'll be there. Great event for a great cause.

We're Rolling Bones Traveling BBQ Circus...stop by and howdy of you get a chance.

SirPorkaLot
06-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Check-in for the Team SirPorkalot slacker, currently, I cannot reliably stand on my left leg, as the hip is tending to pop and causes me to either fall or stumble. I do not believe it is advantageous to have a person that might flop onto the smoker at any moment. But, I am hoping to be there.

You are still welcome. Plenty to do while sitting down.
I mean someone has to hand the beers out of the cooler.
Besides, my smokers are platypus proof.

SirPorkaLot
06-21-2012, 07:40 PM
I'll be there. Great event for a great cause.

We're Rolling Bones Traveling BBQ Circus...stop by and howdy of you get a chance.

Sure will.

huminie
06-21-2012, 10:51 PM
We are in! See you guys there!

BBQ Grail
06-21-2012, 10:55 PM
I'll be there! Now all I need is someone brave enough to let me cook the ribs.

BBQ Grail
06-21-2012, 10:56 PM

Can you bring some sploogie?

R2Egg2Q
07-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Other than Humanie, Phatt Matt and you, (These were the ones I immediately recognized) do you recognize any other Brethren teams from this list?

http://www.bayareabbq.org/Meet-the-Teams.html

I see a few others:

Bang a Drum = Jive Turkey
Slap Yo Daddy = harsoo
Smitty's Smoke Patrol = SMITTYtheSMOKER (I'll be there helping out Smitty)
Smokin Yankees = smokinyankees

Geez, reading this thread now & realize Smokedelic & riblette were in Santa Clara on Saturday & I didn't know they were Brethren! :doh:

landarc
07-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Well, off I go, headed to my first cook in a couple of years. Me, SirPorksalot and BBQGrail.

deguerre
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Good Luck Fellers!