PDA

View Full Version : Bleach/water solution .....


Pitts
06-16-2012, 09:47 AM
How many PPM should your disinfecting solution be ? The test strips I have offer results of 10,50,100 and 200 PPM. Is the middle of the road safe or should it be higher ? I am talking about a solution in a spray bottle for use on flat surfaces like cutting boards. Thanks.

Pitmaster T
06-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I never cared.... if I smell the bleach then I know its high enough.

I am sure someone is going to come in here and talk about the chemical damage we would be putting ourselved in to... or perhaps some pagent goer who will say it imparts a flavor on your q but in the catering world.... inspectors love to smell bleach.

If you let it dry it will be alright. Test strips??????? really?

Pitts
06-16-2012, 10:50 AM
I just read on the Internet .... Some county health dept web page said 50 PPM. ONE TEASPOON bleach per gallon of water.

Redheart
06-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I just read on the Internet .... Some county health dept web page said 50 PPM. ONE TEASPOON bleach per gallon of water.

That 'recipe' is for submersion. If you are using the solution in a spray bottle I recommend (and my health department requires) 150 to 200ppm.