PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever eat at JR's Ribs in OC,MD???

42BBQ
06-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Hey guys, thinking about Dinner at JR's Rib shack in Ocean City, MD tomorrow evening, on vacation with the Mrs. Anybody ever eat there???

Serovich
06-13-2012, 04:25 PM
I have been there a few times although it has been about 15 years since my last visit. I thought at the time it was very good. I don't know if today if I would be as happy. I was 25 years old then and as you get older you tend to expect higher quality. In all, I enjoyed every meal including the ribs when I was there. I don't have any negative memories of the days at JR's. Good luck and please let me know if it is enjoyable.

Mdboatbum
06-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Did you go? I've been there several times over the years, the last being last September. Not bad as a restaurant, but the ribs are nothing to write home about. The onion loaf is pretty awesome. Nick's , formerly Nick Idoni's is similar though marginally better. Nick was an employee of JR's I believe and went on his own right across the street. Started quite the little feud if I remember correctly.
While you're in OC, you gotta try some pit beef. Boog Powell's on the boardwalk is pretty good, and it's right around the corner from Thrasher's. While you're there, try the Old Bay sausage, It's basically a bratwurst with just a hint of Old Bay. Really good!

42BBQ
06-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the info! Friends had us there as guests for a few nights, took them out for seafood after my buddy saw some bad reviews on JR's ribs. Saw the pit beef on the boardwalk the same night we ate out so that was a no go. Back home now but I'll keep all of that in mind. Thanks again.