PDA

View Full Version : Tyson Best wings in America Competition...

hogzgonewild
06-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Has anyone else here placed in the Tyson wing competition at the Sam's BBQ tour locations? I'm just wondering how long does it take them to mail out your check?

Thanks
Hogz Gone Wild

Smoke'n Ice
06-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Got our's that day, just had to make sure the W9 was done and they had the recipe.

TELL YOU WHAT BBQ
06-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I would love to find out the 'flavor profiles' of the Tyson winners-- do we have to wait until the end of summer!!??

SUCKABONE
06-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Is it legal to deep fry the wings at a contest?

Smoke'n Ice
06-17-2012, 02:59 PM
The only rules that I was aware of are: They must be chicken wings, cooked on site, you must be willing to taste them :pray: and you have to part with the recipe if you win and want the money. I even think I used Pilgrims because that was the brand at the Sam's Club.

EMTTLC
06-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Placed second in Huntsville, they said it would take a couple of weeks before checks went out. I'm pretty sure they said any method of cooking is acceptable. As for the flavor profile, I guess we'll only get to taste the overall winner. I know my second was 6 points behind the winner. Talk about a blow out!!!!!!!!!

EZQ2
06-18-2012, 08:44 AM
The rules state that you must follow the KCBS Competition Rules.

ParkAvenue_2
06-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Is it legal to deep fry the wings at a contest?

We were told at the Lenexa Sam's Event by the Contest Organizers that any cooking method was legal for the chicken wings, including deep frying.

Florida Farmer
06-19-2012, 08:47 AM
Placed second in Huntsville, they said it would take a couple of weeks before checks went out. I'm pretty sure they said any method of cooking is acceptable. As for the flavor profile, I guess we'll only get to taste the overall winner. I know my second was 6 points behind the winner. Talk about a blow out!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on the second place at Huntsville :clap2: I placed 1st there. Troy told us at the cooks meeting that the wings could be cooked on a grill, on a smoker, on a propane grill, fried, even boiled.....they could be cooked pretty much any way....just had to be wings. I haven't heard anything about the payout yet, I gave Joey my contact information and Tyson is supposed to be contacting me for the recipe and then I reckon I'll get a check. Right now I just have a check banner....but the bank wouldn't cash it.:becky:

EMTTLC
06-19-2012, 09:36 PM
I hope you win the contest! We were a distant second. Those had to be pretty darned good wings. I'm ready to go buy some.

Smoke'n Ice
06-20-2012, 07:27 AM
We gave them the recipe at the table when we won and they gave us a check at that point. Troy is the one who gets the recipe and passes it on to Tyson's.

I would recommend that you contact Troy at Trybe Targeting or MMA and inquire. I suspect they are waiting for you to give them a recipe and then they will cut the check. I really don't beleive that Tysons is involved in this part of the process. JMHO

Smokin' Bad Habit
06-20-2012, 11:23 PM
we won in lenexa, they had me wait for an e mail from MMA creative and then send in our recipe, along with inspirstion for said wing, team info and fun team facts, then they mailed the check, got it a few days later

SUCKABONE
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Anyone know what times the turn in for the wings has been at a contest,trying to get my schedule together.

PatAttack
06-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Anyone know what times the turn in for the wings has been at a contest,trying to get my schedule together.

Ours was one hour after brisket. Brisket turn-in was @ 1:30 and the wing turn-in was @ 2:30.

Hope this helps...

BTW, you can cook them any way you like. As long as they are wings, go crazy with it is what he said.

NO GARNISH in the wing boxes.