PDA

View Full Version : Attention New England Brethren...

CarolinaQue
06-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Mods, if you feel this needs to be moved, by all means do. The reason I posted this in QTalk is because there may be some members that want to get into competition, but don't frequent the Competition section of the form. Here it goes:

If any one is interested in helping with a contest in Western Maine in early August, I could use some help. My regular cooking partner is unavailabe for this contest, so I'm seeing if there is any body that may be wanting to see what a competition is all about, but may be hesitating for what ever reason. The contest is the Western Maine BBQ Festival, and it is from Friday, Aug 3rd (set up) to Sunday, Aug 5th. Saturday, the 4th is NEBS Grilling contest, and Sunday is the KCBS contest. I have 8 or 9 contests behind me, so I have learned a lot and am more than willing to share what I've learned and mentor some one, or even a few people that are interested in learning what a contest is all about.

I have a good handle on the Pork (my strongest category), brisket and the dessert for grilling. Would like to have the help with any part of the contest though.

So, if you are interested, respond here, or PM me for more details.

Jaskew82
06-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Just a little too far away for me.

Smokin' D
06-05-2012, 05:00 PM
I'd be happy to help ya man! Only problem is I will be judging this one and doing my best to avoid the #6 seat!

jmellor
06-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Would love the experience but on vacation w the family then on the other side of Maine from where you will be...good luck!

CarolinaQue
06-05-2012, 07:36 PM
I'd be happy to help ya man! Only problem is I will be judging this one and doing my best to avoid the #6 seat!

Well good, now I know who to blame those #6 judge scores on!!!:heh:

BoneDaddy's
06-05-2012, 11:13 PM
We are going to cook this event short handed, welcome to join us of you want.
-frank