PDA

View Full Version : Contest Judging

nmayeux
06-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Ok... I finally judged my first contest this weekend at the Sam's Club contest in Marietta, GA. I knew that I was going to learn from the experience, but I had no idea how much fun it was going to be, or the wealth of knowledge that was at hand. Thanks to Dave of Uncle Bud's BBQ for mentoring, and thanks to all the experienced judges that spent time with me.

A couple of lessons learned:

1. Mistakes are really apparent, especially in presentation.
2. You can really taste bitter smoke. I was surprised as to the difference in flavors.
3. Judges are a whole different breed. Most of the judges that I met had never cooked in competition, and had a completely different view of the entries compared to my views.
4. Judging will help any cook, and cooking will help any judge. I am now a firm believer, and happy with the proposed cook requirements for Master Judges.
5. I am now comfortable that judges are as concerned as competitors about accurate judging. It is heartwarming to know the level of accountablility that the judges I met assume. They weren't just there to eat.

I enjoyed going to a contest and not having the stress of being a cook, but I did have the nagging feeling that I should have been competing... Anyway, I am looking forward to my next contest, be it judging or competing.

timzcardz
06-05-2012, 12:41 PM
It certainly sounds like you enjoyed it. I keep saying that I have to give it a try on of these days.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

kenthanson
06-05-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm going to compete for the first time this year, so last year I judged all the local contests to get a insight of what they were looking for. I know some cooks show up and cook their best but it's not what the judging criteria calls for so I wanted that "inside" information before I started cooking and I know it has helped me.

Rookie'48
06-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Congrats Noah :-D.

I'm a firm believer that judges should cook more and that cooks should judge more - just to see what happens on thee other side of the turn-in table. Everyone has their preconceived ideas on how the "other side" does things. Most of the time those ideas aren't even close to what really happens.

Thanx for finding out on your own and a double thanx for posting your experiences.

Fatback Joe
06-05-2012, 02:15 PM
I am judging my first contest later this month.

I hope to be able to get 1/2 as much out of it is you did.

DawgPhan
06-05-2012, 02:19 PM
note to new judges if you give an entry a 5 on taste, please fill out a comment card. If the table captain and rep asks you to fill out a card because of your scores, please do so, those cook teams that slept in a parking lot will certainly appreciate the effort.

Lake Dogs
06-05-2012, 02:25 PM
You got sleep?

bbq.tom
06-05-2012, 02:55 PM
note to new judges if you give an entry a 5 on taste, please fill out a comment card. If the table captain and rep asks you to fill out a card because of your scores, please do so, those cook teams that slept in a parking lot will certainly appreciate the effort.

I'm a FIRM believer that EVERY judge giving a "6" and below should be required to fill out a comment card with USEFULL information! I filled out a comment card last Saturday for an "8" as the brisket slice was clearly a "9", but the BE they included was horrible (tough and bitter)! The cooks DESERVE to know when something like that happens! IMHO!

nmayeux
06-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I was always a believer in comment cards, as I appreciate any insight into my turn-ins. I would give a card for a 6 though...

carlyle
06-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Noah,
So wonderful to read this thread - your great experience and clear straight forward explanations.

Keep on cookin', keep on judgin' and please keep posting about your experiences.
Thanks.

Uncle Buds BBQ
06-05-2012, 03:22 PM
I was always a believer in comment cards, as I appreciate any insight into my turn-ins. I would give a card for a 6 though...
Sat. I filled out cards for 2 "5"'s and a "6". Each score was for tenderness. The entries looked great and tasted awesome but tough as hell. I have a feeling the cooks would have known that their meat was not tender...but just in case...they got the card.

cdkeach
06-05-2012, 03:32 PM
Comment cards should be mandatory for scores below a certain threshold. I've read the argument that if that was the case, judges would just avoid giving those scores altogether to avoid the "hassle" of a comment card. If this is true then those are judges that KCBS (or any sanctioning body) really should avoid.

Bottom line...don't put down a score that you aren't willing to justify or explain with a comment card if requested by the Rep.

Uncle Buds BBQ
06-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Comment cards should be mandatory for scores below a certain threshold. I've read the argument that if that was the case, judges would just avoid giving those scores altogether to avoid the "hassle" of a comment card. If this is true then those are judges that KCBS (or any sanctioning body) really should avoid.

Bottom line...don't put down a score that you aren't willing to justify or explain with a comment card if requested by the Rep.

I agree but here's the weird thing.....I have judged 8 of the last 10 or so weekends with 4 different sets of contest reps.

Most of them strongly suggest the use of cards for 6 or lower but I had one who was emphasizing that cards are totally optional and a judge didn't have to give one no matter what the score was!

I think we need to get the contest reps on the same page!!!

Dave

DawgPhan
06-05-2012, 04:15 PM
I agree but here's the weird thing.....I have judged 8 of the last 10 or so weekends with 4 different sets of contest reps.

Most of them strongly suggest the use of cards for 6 or lower but I had one who was emphasizing that cards are totally optional and a judge didn't have to give one no matter what the score was!

I think we need to get the contest reps on the same page!!!

Dave

the rep emphasizing that you didnt have to do it wasn't this past weekend, was it?

Pigs on Fire
06-05-2012, 04:26 PM
The rep at Marietta this weekend told me he had a judge give a 4 in tenderness for ribs. He asked the judge to fill out a comment card and the judge said they didn't want to.

It appears there were a number of 5's & 6's given out at Marietta. I wonder how many comment cards were filled out.

CivilWarBBQ
06-05-2012, 04:48 PM
The rep at Marietta this weekend told me he had a judge give a 4 in tenderness for ribs. He asked the judge to fill out a comment card and the judge said they didn't want to.

It appears there were a number of 5's & 6's given out at Marietta. I wonder how many comment cards were filled out.

That judge would never be asked to return to any contest where I am part of the organizing team. Any legal score is acceptable, but refusing to explain the mark is not. Had I been there I would have told the Rep we needed to replace this person before the next category hit the table.

:mad2:

New Pal Frank
06-06-2012, 05:45 AM
My wife and I have judged for the last two years and are just now starting to cook on our own. I have cooked with a team a few times and she has cooked once to qualify for her master judge. To date we have judged 24 contests each.

In talking to some of the teams we have been around as cooks and judges, and some of the experienced judges, it seems a common coment that maybe new judges cook with a team in their first five contests to see what really goes on on the other side of the turn in table.

Ford
06-06-2012, 07:29 AM
2 items to discuss here.

First, CivilWarBBQ. I agree that the rep should have tried to replace a judge who gave a 4 and wouldn't explain it. But the judge did not have to fill out a comment card, just explain to the rep why they gave the score. Then the rep needed to act. But the organizer should never be involved in the judging process. Once judging starts its up to the reps. An organizer can talk to reps after the judging is complete and see if there were issues and the rep may say yes and here's the name of the judge. Then next year the organizer can not let the person judge.

Second, New Pal Frank and all others. While I think it's good for judges to learn what cooks do I do not think how much work cooks do and how much money cooks spend should in any way influence how judges score. Cooks should be rewarded for excellence not for trying or working hard.

Pigs on Fire
06-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Ford I agree with you that the organizer shouldn't be involved in the judging process, specifically from the time the turn-in window starts on chicken until it closes on brisket.

What I do feel the organizers should do is scrutinize judges' applications to where it's a job interview. Why? Because this is what will make a good contest bump up to a spectacular contest. This allows the organizer to choose the best judges he/she can get based on experience. And the organizer can step up at the cooks meeting on Friday and tell the cooks they have done their best to get the best judges by ____________ (explain the process they went through).

The organizers have got to start realizing what will make competition BBQ even better. It's not that the cooks are complaining. We just want it to get bigger and better. And better isn't always some high-profile contest and/or organizer yammering about how much the purse is.

nmayeux
06-06-2012, 11:58 AM
While I think it's good for judges to learn what cooks do I do not think how much work cooks do and how much money cooks spend should in any way influence how judges score. Cooks should be rewarded for excellence not for trying or working hard.
The amount of work shouldn't play a part, but understanding and respect does. In a court of law, don't most judges start as lawyers? And sharing experience should always be a good thing. It leads to consistancy.

Gadragonfly
06-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Ok... I finally judged my first contest this weekend at the Sam's Club contest in Marietta, GA. I knew that I was going to learn from the experience, but I had no idea how much fun it was going to be, or the wealth of knowledge that was at hand. Thanks to Dave of Uncle Bud's BBQ for mentoring, and thanks to all the experienced judges that spent time with me.

Noah,

I enjoyed sitting next to you this past weekend and discussing the entries and getting your perspective on what was turned in. It seemed that we both had very similar ideas of what we liked and disliked about the product we judged, albeit I think we were maybe 1 score off from each other when scores were lower than an 8 (I believe you gave 7s on the few occasions that I gave 6's). I remember the two entries that had a definite acrid taste and your realization that yes there is a difference in taste. I enjoyed listening to you and Dave discuss the entries and the changes that you would make to your future entries based on what you learned. I hope we have the opportunity to judge together again sometime soon.

Julie

nmayeux
06-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Noah,

I enjoyed sitting next to you this past weekend and discussing the entries and getting your perspective on what was turned in. It seemed that we both had very similar ideas of what we liked and disliked about the product we judged, albeit I think we were maybe 1 score off from each other when scores were lower than an 8 (I believe you gave 7s on the few occasions that I gave 6's). I remember the two entries that had a definite acrid taste and your realization that yes there is a difference in taste. I enjoyed listening to you and Dave discuss the entries and the changes that you would make to your future entries based on what you learned. I hope we have the opportunity to judge together again sometime soon.

JulieJulie, you were the best, and it was a pleasure to learn from a pro! I also look forward to seeing you again, and thanks again for all the insight!

sdbbq1234
06-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Good to see some posts about judging. My wife and I have been judging for over a year now. There have been times when we filled out comment cards for anything that was a 5 or under. That has been the "rule" by the KCBS reps at all the comps.

Also, it seems kinda funny that the more we judge, the more brisket entries we taste are more and more like pot roast. I think everyone is getting on the "heavy meat injections" band wagon. We sometimes feel that the taste of beef is lost.

wallace

CBQ
06-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Although we like to complain about judges here (9 9 8 9 9 4 on appearance? wtf?) I judge at least one contest a year. I think every cook should judge now and then, and having master judge's cook once is also something I fully support. My observation: judging fairly is more challenging than one might think, and I have a lot of respect for judges that take it seriously and try to get it right.

The first time I judged, before the judging started there was a long discussion about judging philosophy and flavor profiles. It was an interesting conversation, and I was pleased to see how seriously some of the judges took the contest.

I just want to say thank you to all the judges out there that put in the effort to do it well.

tigerpaw
06-09-2012, 05:23 PM
! I filled out a comment card last Saturday for an "8" as the brisket slice was clearly a "9", but the BE they included was horrible (tough and bitter)! The cooks DESERVE to know when something like that happens! IMHO![/QUOTE]

I have a question for you and all others on that comment. I had a similar experience with a burnt end ( ALL 100% gristle) Even had Contest Rep come to see it so he could tell team what he saw. I had brisket at a 9. But the burnt end was a 2. I halved the score giving team a 6. (rounded up.)

You seem to have scored it much higher or your end was a 7 and the brisket a 9 for a average of 8.

My question is which way is correct? You are supposed to try as well as score EVERYTHING in the box so how is a proper way to score BBQ from heaven along with dog would run away from home if fed to him in same box?

tigerpaw
06-09-2012, 05:26 PM
! I filled out a comment card last Saturday for an "8" as the brisket slice was clearly a "9", but the BE they included was horrible (tough and bitter)! The cooks DESERVE to know when something like that happens! IMHO!

I have a question for you and all others on that comment. I had a similar experience with a burnt end ( ALL 100% gristle) Even had Contest Rep come to see it so he could tell team what he saw. I had brisket at a 9. But the burnt end was a 2. I halved the score giving team a 6. (rounded up.)

You seem to have scored it much higher or your end was a 7 and the brisket a 9 for a average of 8.

My question is which way is correct? You are supposed to try as well as score EVERYTHING in the box so how is a proper way to score BBQ from heaven along with dog would run away from home if fed to him in same box?[/QUOTE]

And yes I filled out card explaining had I not had this piece of gristle they would have received a 9.

porkingINpublic
06-09-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm not big on judges right now... Just got home from a comp and my ribs got a 7,6,6, from one judge and a 9,9,9, from another!!! Ugh! :mad2:

SirPorkaLot
06-09-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm not big on judges right now... Just got home from a comp and my ribs got a 7,6,6, from one judge and a 9,9,9, from another!!! Ugh! :mad2:

Welcome to KCBS competitions. Lol
I regularly get 9,9,8,5, 8
Or some goofiness.

I had one judge write on comment card for ribs. One word:

Perfect!

Scored the ribs an 8.

Huh?

porkingINpublic
06-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Or some goofiness.

Perfect!

Scored the ribs an 8.

Huh?

Oh that would make me crazy! Lol.

CivilWarBBQ
06-10-2012, 12:07 AM
2 items to discuss here.

First, CivilWarBBQ. I agree that the rep should have tried to replace a judge who gave a 4 and wouldn't explain it. But the judge did not have to fill out a comment card, just explain to the rep why they gave the score. Then the rep needed to act. But the organizer should never be involved in the judging process. Once judging starts its up to the reps. An organizer can talk to reps after the judging is complete and see if there were issues and the rep may say yes and here's the name of the judge. Then next year the organizer can not let the person judge.

Yes, a comment card is not required, but an explanation of the score is. Taste is one thing - all the judge has to do is say "I didn't like it", but Tenderness is less subjective and there must be a specific reason for giving a four.

Thankfully we have solid Reps available so that I've never had to step in at a contest where I am acting as organizer. However, if the situation called for it I would in a heartbeat. I've done so in the past when serving as a Table Captain when I saw something bad happening at another table. No, it "wasn't my job", but I firmly believe it is the responsibility of everyone involved in the judging tent to step up and bring a problem to the attention of the Reps immediately - not sit back passively and wait for it to be noticed.

The Reps always make the call and take any action, but they can be everywhere and see everything and need the rest of us to act as extra eyes and ears..

Smoke Ring
06-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Or some goofiness.

Perfect!

Scored the ribs an 8.

Huh?

I suggested that KCBS should focus on the problem of inconsistent judging and a board member replied that it is inconsistent cooking, not inconsistent judging. At a certain level a KCBS contest is a crap shoot because there is luck involved in which table your entry lands on. Yes, you have to know how to cook but that isn't enough, there is still the luck factor.

This weekend we finished 18th in chicken and 13th in pork. At the last contest we took 1st in pork. The boxes were as close to identical as two boxes could be. What was the difference? This week 4 judges gave us all 8s and 9s and two judges gave us 6s and 7s in pork and chicken. At the previous contest the same thing happened in brisket.

I'm considering giving up competition and just buying a lottery ticket instead. KCBS needs to re-evaluate their judging process. The current process doesn't necessarily identify the best entry. If winning involves luck as well as skill then that's a problem IMHO.

Garry

Fat Freddy
06-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I suggested that KCBS should focus on the problem of inconsistent judging and a board member replied that it is inconsistent cooking, not inconsistent judging. At a certain level a KCBS contest is a crap shoot because there is luck involved in which table your entry lands on. Yes, you have to know how to cook but that isn't enough, there is still the luck factor.

This weekend we finished 18th in chicken and 13th in pork. At the last contest we took 1st in pork. The boxes were as close to identical as two boxes could be. What was the difference? This week 4 judges gave us all 8s and 9s and two judges gave us 6s and 7s in pork and chicken. At the previous contest the same thing happened in brisket.

I'm considering giving up competition and just buying a lottery ticket instead. KCBS needs to re-evaluate their judging process. The current process doesn't necessarily identify the best entry. If winning involves luck as well as skill then that's a problem IMHO.

Garry

Ok I am going to bite on this one..Please dont think I am against or for what you are saying or attacking you in any way but I want to question this.

I will start with I am a judge been judging before I competed and will be cooking in my first KCBS this coming weekend.

You are saying KCBS need to re-evaluate the judging process and like I say I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing but what would you suggest is a way to do the judging process. I mean there are 6 judges do you think more or less would help. Would you prefer it no longer be blind judging? I am a fan of the comment cards and wish they would be utilized more but one thing I dont want to happen is for there to become robot judges. There should ALWAYS be that human factor in my opinion. I understand that the judging process is not perfect and there are hiccups. I bet I will be angry when the judges bite me. Notice I didnt say "if" I said "when" but I dont know how things could be better and would like to hear ideas. Somehow the top teams still seem to win all the time no matter where they are competing so they must have the judging process figured out.

Again I hope I didnt say it wrong because I have heard many times the judging process should be changed but I am not sure how it could be better and maybe people with more experience than me have ideas that I hadnt even thought about.

bignburlyman
06-11-2012, 07:23 AM
I judged this weekend and here is an example to consider. A chicken box with 6 pieces, judge to my right (end of table) took first sample, I took second sample. Appearance in the box was a little dark, but not bad, it was amazingly not heavily sauced. When I laid my piece on the placemat I put it facedown. Along the center of the thigh, just about 1/2 inch wide was crusty, charred black. When I took my bite, (a regular bite like always) I did not get any of the char. The judge (master) to my right had the same thing on his piece and he DID get the char in his bite. It was pretty tasty chicken (I think I scored 8 ), but I wrote a comment card that if I would have got into the char it would have been 6 or lower. The judge to my right did score it down. After the scores were turned in I polled the rest of the table and none of the other pieces were charred. I doubt this is the first time two pieces of meat were bad and the others were ok, I think this is (sometimes, not always) why there may be scores of 8,9,9,8,6,5. And this instance since I did not bite into the char it could have been just one judge with a low score.

DawgPhan
06-11-2012, 08:37 AM

I guess you are assuming that the 7-6-6 judge is the one that was wrong, not the 9-9-9 judge?

Low scores aren't why people have an issue with judges, the issue is with inconsistent scores. 6 or 7 in AP when everyone else gives an 8 or 9.

Judging that is inconsistent with how it goes. Reps that dont do a great job of managing the judging pool on saturday, things like that drive a cook crazy, but when scores are all over the place or you get dinged by a couple of judges, you cooked bad BBQ. Suck it up and cook better next time.

Hogtie N' Ride
06-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Most judges take the responsibilty seriously and do their best to be fair. I've seen a few tough and a few easy judges, either end provides inconsistency an unfairness.

I think it is also important to note that the reps work hard to make the tables consistent. New judges and master judges are spread out. They also make sure the same table does not get the same team for more than one catagory, again evening out inconsistency for the GC title.

As a judge, I would like to be able to put the comment on the score card so it is quicker and easier to give a comment, I could give more comments then. Judging moves fast and it feels rushed having to re-write the same information from the Score card onto the Comment Card.

As an organizer I had to black list a judge for their scoring and would do it again if the situation presented itself.

What I find the most interesting though is that there are teams, dispite all of this, that consistently win and get consistent high scores. They clearly know how to present entries that are superior in the assesment of the majority of judges.

abangs
06-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Hehehe....there are a few guys cheesed off about Marietta Sam's event!!! There were definitely a few upsets there......and I am so fired up about those upsets it is not even funny!!!!! In reading this thread and judging debate, I find myself reflecting on a post I made last year ranting about the judges. I got blessed out by a few Brethren for being mad at the judges. What I took from that thread is that maybe my turn ins where not as good as I thought. Well, that was right. What we are turning in now vs last year is a different ball game. I judged a comp last year....and really discovered what i thought was tender was not melt in your mouth tender!!!! Same for taste......I had always thought my Q was ridiculous good....but when I judged I had some that was so good I damn near hurt myself.......and some so bad it dang near hurt me!!!!

Long story short, for the cooks here that are complaining about the judging, do yourself a favor and judge a few. You will be surprised what you will learn.

I think for the most part the judges get it right....but yes it can be a crap shoot.....and yes there are overly critical guys and gals in there...but for the most part they are good. As far as Marietta goes, I think you judges got it right. Our turn ins were D.A.O. and our scores showed it.....we are headed to the regionals and I am so fired up I have not slept since Marietta!!!!

Marietta was a tough field....only a couple of guys were teams not to worry about...no offense to any other part of the nation, but competing in Ga, NC, TN and SC in KCBS is tough!!!!! In GA alone there are about 50 teams that cook the GBC series (all KCBS) regularly that are all strong teams. Some of those guys are cooking 30 events a year and own restaurants.....sometimes I wonder how in the hell can a great BBQ'er compete with them!!!!

abangs
06-11-2012, 10:51 PM

Dawg,
You would not happen to be the team up close to the store front, with a big red tent and cooking on BGE's by any chance would you??

Bentley
06-11-2012, 11:00 PM

Can I get ya to change new to All and they I can give ya an Amen!

DawgPhan
06-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Dawg,
You would not happen to be the team up close to the store front, with a big red tent and cooking on BGE's by any chance would you??

nope not us.

Pigs on Fire
06-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Dawg,

Sounds like you might be a little over zealous in your presumptions and you're way off the mark about "the teams in Marietta that are cheesed off"...

For a team to get some decent scores (7 and above) but then have a 5, even a 4 and not get a comment card is inexcusable IMO. If it hasn't happened to you, it's going to.

When you hear of good judges that you know talk about filling out comment cards for 8's, giving some great constructive criticism as in "if you will do ______, you would have got all 9's from me" and then you walk away with the scoresheet and see you got a single 5 in taste in one category....you look for the comment card and it's not there. You speak to the Rep and the Rep says they asked the judge to fill it out and the judge flat out refused....

That judge can KMA. That's not "cheesed off".... that's realizing there's no respect from that judge for what we do.

Carry on...

Pigs on Fire
06-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Marietta was a tough field....only a couple of guys were teams not to worry about...

Who were those couple of guys (teams)?

abangs
06-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Sounds like you might be a little over zealous in your presumptions and you're way off the mark about "the teams in Marietta that are cheesed off"...

For a team to get some decent scores (7 and above) but then have a 5, even a 4 and not get a comment card is inexcusable IMO. If it hasn't happened to you, it's going to.

When you hear of good judges that you know talk about filling out comment cards for 8's, giving some great constructive criticism as in "if you will do ______, you would have got all 9's from me" and then you walk away with the scoresheet and see you got a single 5 in taste in one category....you look for the comment card and it's not there. You speak to the Rep and the Rep says they asked the judge to fill it out and the judge flat out refused....

That judge can KMA. That's not "cheesed off".... that's realizing there's no respect from that judge for what we do.

Carry on...

Hey Man. I think you are confused on what I meant. I meant that there ARE good teams that ARE pissed off about the results of the contest.....really strong teams that usually finish fairly strongly in all the events they cook. One guy even posted a picture on his facebook page with a band-aid across his rear end that says "ouch" incinuating he got f*cked. That is all I meant.

I'm tickled about the results and personally, I think overall the judges did a good job in Marietta.

I do agree with your comment on a comment card.....We have been fortunate over the past couple of years to receive good and bad comment cards. They have helped us tweak our cooking to the point that I feel our team has pulled everything together now. For the judge that refused to fill one out, he should be banned from judging.

Pigs on Fire
06-12-2012, 10:01 AM
I looked at the team list for Euharlee last night.

All I can say is WOW. I really don't think there's 1 team there that anyone should overlook. That contest is severely stacked. I'd say the level of competition at Euharlee is well above the level that was at Sam's.

Gonna be a fun weekend.

abangs
06-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Who were those couple of guys (teams)?

Not gonna go there my friend........this would be my opinion and I'm not about to offend anyone here...intentionally anyway...If I have, I do sincerely apologize. Over all the entire field was strong. The judges of that event got some mighty fine Q. Out of the 30 (I think there was 1 no show team so 29 scores), there were only about 5 that we didn't worry about. All the others we felt were strong teams and quite honestly we didn't feel like we had a chance. We placed 6th, so we are tickled to be going to the regionals.

This all being said, I'm sure that everyone is looking at my team and going "WTF...how did those guys make it" so I'm sure that in sizing up the competition, we were at the bottom of alot of lists as well.

abangs
06-12-2012, 10:05 AM

All I can say is WOW. I really don't think there's 1 team there that anyone should overlook. That contest is severely stacked. I'd say the level of competition at Euharlee is well above the level that was at Sam's.

Gonna be a fun weekend.

DAAAAMMMMMMMM. Oh yea, that is going to be interesting. Several of those guys are super hot right now. I have a wedding in St. Simon's and can't make it this year. Ya'll have a good one.

Bentley
06-12-2012, 05:43 PM

Not sure it is a lack of respect, but more an inability to articulate it. They have no idea how to...You gotta realize, there are a lot of sheep out there...

CivilWarBBQ
06-13-2012, 01:27 PM

Gonna be a fun weekend.

Thank you sir. Here is that list: http://www.euharlee.com/events_bbq-teams.aspx

We've worked hard to produce a quality event that will attract quality teams. I hope everyone that comes out to the little town of Euharlee, GA this weekend has a ball.