PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Pitmasters Season 3

ique
05-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Breaking out from the 'judging problems' thread

Look forward to seeing your episode. Can you say who you had as an assistant?

It was an amazing experience. Hopefully the editing was kind to me. My co-author of Wicked Good BBQ, Andy Husbands was my assistant.

nucornhusker
05-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Look forward to seeing it.

I see you have been back on the air from Best in Smoke repeats this past week.

Scottie
05-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Looking forward to it Chris. All you boys from iQue are bad ass cooks

Podge
05-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Looking forward to it Chris. All you boys from iQue are bad ass cooks

agreed, I can't wait to see his episode !

HarleyGirl14226
05-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Kevin and I can't wait to see you on TV again! :-) Hopefully you kicked some ass!

Rich Parker
05-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Can you watch these episodes online? I have AT&T Uverse and they don't carry it.

U2CANQUE
05-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Truly an experience, and I follow that sentiment, I just hope that my love and respect for the BBQ community comes through......it was a true memory maker....and I am grateful to be part of it this year

Plowboy
05-31-2012, 11:29 AM
My co-author of Wicked Good BBQ, Andy Husbands was my assistant.

LOL. Book plug. You're so commercial now. :becky:

ique
05-31-2012, 11:50 AM
LOL. Book plug. You're so commercial now. :becky:

It only a plug when you mention it is available for sale on Amazon.com for $13.99. :)

mobow
05-31-2012, 11:51 AM
What network is it on. I can't seem to find anything listed for it on TLC. keith

Parts_Guy
05-31-2012, 11:53 AM
What network is it on. I can't seem to find anything listed for it on TLC. keith

I believe it is Destination America.

K-Train
05-31-2012, 11:55 AM
I believe it is Destination America.
It's on Planet Green. Chanel 186 if you have direct tv. I think it used to be Destination America.

Durzil
05-31-2012, 11:56 AM
It only a plug when you mention it is available for sale on Amazon.com for $13.99. :)

And to further the plug I greatly enjoy the book and look forward to seeing your episode :)

Plowboy
05-31-2012, 11:58 AM

True dat. I'll wait for the signed copy... BY ANDY!!! :caked:

Westexbbq
05-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Planet Green morphed into Destination America, Ch 172 around these parts, (Cablevision).

Looking forward to seeing the IQUE team yet again.

nthole
05-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Dang it...on AT&T Uverse Planet Green is only available on the higher tiers. Doh...

DawgPhan
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Dang it...on AT&T Uverse Planet Green is only available on the higher tiers. Doh...

you might be surprised if you call ATT. I called a couple of months ago and got every channel, faster internet and the monthly price is cheaper at least for the next 12 months...figured I will cross that bridge when I get there.

everything including all the movie channels.

TheJackal
05-31-2012, 02:17 PM
It's on Planet Green. Chanel 186 if you have direct tv. I think it used to be Destination America.

286 on DTV. If you missed the episode it is on VOD on 1286. Downloading it now!

HarleyGirl14226
05-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Truly an experience, and I follow that sentiment, I just hope that my love and respect for the BBQ community comes through......it was a true memory maker....and I am grateful to be part of it this year

Didn't want to leave you out Rob - looking forward to your episode! Remember - I'll be wearing crazy socks in your honor! :loco:

SirPorkaLot
05-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Can you watch these episodes online? I have AT&T Uverse and they don't carry it.

It is on channel 465 (and 1465 for HD) on U-Verse.
You have to have the U-300 package or higher.

I have heard though that several folks got the upgrade offered for free for 90 days when they called to inquire about the new channel.

BBQchef33
05-31-2012, 03:11 PM

WTF!!! then why'd I drop 20 big ones?? huh huh huh???? answer me that Bat:mmph:man!

:moon::biggrin1:

Red Valley BBQ
05-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Didn't want to leave you out Rob - looking forward to your episode! Remember - I'll be wearing crazy socks in your honor! :loco:

I already saw this episode. :icon_smile_tongue:

Plowboy
05-31-2012, 04:34 PM
WTF!!! then why'd I drop 20 big ones?? huh huh huh???? answer me that Bat:mmph:man!

Early adopter?

ique
05-31-2012, 06:33 PM

Duh, because it was personally signed by me.

:thumb:

Podge
06-01-2012, 07:28 AM
One thing is for certain, watching the first episode, is that just because you bought a $150 piece of meat, doesn’t mean you can’t screw it up!!.. Doesn’t make you an awesome brisket cook instantly either!

Plowboy
06-01-2012, 08:43 AM
One thing is for certain, watching the first episode, is that just because you bought a $150 piece of meat, doesnít mean you canít screw it up!!.. Doesnít make you an awesome brisket cook instantly either!

Preach on, Brother Podge.

I'm sure SRF, who probably "sponsored" that episode, were cringing.

pigmaker23
06-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Maple Syrup on Brisket, No Burnt Ends, Slicing with the grain, it all adds up to great entertainment :drama:

Vince RnQ
06-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Maple Syrup on Brisket, No Burnt Ends, Slicing with the grain, it all adds up to great entertainment :drama:

But they're three of America's best pitmasters. Maybe slicing with the grain is the next innovation. In fact, maybe we'll soon see Hot & Fast Cupcake Brisket that is cut with the grain!

BBQchef33
06-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Just for the record, I-que cheated.. he used recipes from some book called Wicked Good BBQ.

oh.. wait..

nevermind.. :doh:

nucornhusker
06-01-2012, 10:05 AM
It only a plug when you mention it is available for sale on Amazon.com for $13.99. :)Guess what, it worked!

Now for the 1-3 month wait! :shock:

hcj3rd
06-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Chris suckered me into buying also. LOL Whats up with the delivery times? Is it NYT best seller list? Look forward to the read and your episode.

ique
06-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Chris suckered me into buying also. LOL Whats up with the delivery times? Is it NYT best seller list? Look forward to the read and your episode.

We are in 3rd printing since the march 1 release. I guess its a good thing but a variety of sellers are out of stock on WG BBQ

ModelMaker
06-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Getting back to the show... I see Wed's offering was called a "sneak peak" for the Sun. June 3rd premier. Could I assume that Sun. show will be a repeat of Wed. show?
I missed it and can't find the online viewable show.
Ed

dosvans
06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Getting back to the show... I see Wed's offering was called a "sneak peak" for the Sun. June 3rd premier. Could I assume that Sun. show will be a repeat of Wed. show?
I missed it and can't find the online viewable show.
Ed

I think it's going to be a different episiode. It looks like they are going to play Wednesday's episode again right before the new one on Sunday.

ique
06-01-2012, 02:06 PM
I think it's going to be a different episiode. It looks like they are going to play Wednesday's episode again right before the new one on Sunday.

Yes, season3 Episode2 on Sunday night @ 9pm.

Filmed at Pigs in Flight comp in Memphis

Scottie
06-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Who is on this new one?

Vince RnQ
06-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Who is on this new one?

Three of America's best pitmasters, of course!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Scottie
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Oh. I thought they were on this last episode ....

Vince RnQ
06-01-2012, 04:22 PM
No, no...three of the best, every time!

big matt
06-01-2012, 05:15 PM
We are in 3rd printing since the march 1 release. I guess its a good thing but a variety of sellers are out of stock on WG BBQ

Just bought the last copy at the Barnes&Noble in Redlands,Ca..the girl at the counter said it's been selling real good..good read too!

LostNation
06-02-2012, 06:20 AM
Congratulations on the fine book Chris, I look forward to watching the episode the WG BBQ boys are on.

The first episode is on Xfinity On Demand, I like the new format.

Pappy Q
06-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Who is on this new one?

I think Warren County Pork Choppers is on Sunday's episode. Not sure who else.

CBQ
06-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Duh, because it was personally signed by me.

:thumb:

I bought mine on Amazon and then got Chris to sign it. :mrgreen:

HarleyGirl14226
06-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I bought mine on Amazon and then got Chris to sign it. :mrgreen:

:biggrin1:
Same here!

Seriously - that book is amazing... We've done SO MANY recipes already. Love it! Props to both yourself and Andy!

BasicPatrick
06-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Chris....When is "your" episode going to air?????

ique
06-03-2012, 07:12 PM

Not sure, would guess two more weeks

LMAJ
06-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Watching last week's episode right now.

ique
06-04-2012, 10:11 AM

Looks like my episode is next!

Tiki Wolf
06-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Looks like my episode is next!

I'll bet John Busch was there cheering you on, like he was in Tuplelo and Memphis.........or maybe they used the footage they shot in Salisbury to fill in the crowd shots for the other two and thought noone else would notice.....:roll:

Slamdunkpro
06-04-2012, 11:33 AM
I'll bet John Busch was there cheering you on, like he was in Tuplelo and Memphis.........or maybe they used the footage they shot in Salisbury to fill in the crowd shots for the other two and thought noone else would notice.....:roll:
Hey, I didn't know we cooked Memphis but there was our banner!

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
06-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey, I didn't know we cooked Memphis but there was our banner!

I saw that maybe it was the other guys and their banner is just close.

smoke-n-my-i's
06-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Did you see the money muscle being trimmed out of the butt, and then cooked separate?????

Who was the sanctioning this one????

Or, since it is BBQ Pitmasters they can do what they want????

Just my thoughts on that area.....

Back to my corner now...

YankeeBBQ
06-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Did you see the money muscle being trimmed out of the butt, and then cooked separate?????

Who was the sanctioning this one????

Or, since it is BBQ Pitmasters they can do what they want????

Just my thoughts on that area.....

Back to my corner now...

Seriously ? It's a tv show judged by three celebrity judges with their own scoring system and rules. It's not a sanctioned event lol.

ique
06-04-2012, 11:51 AM

There is a lot of shots from various events edited in. For instance I saw a shot of my food edited into episode 1.

smoke-n-my-i's
06-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Seriously ? It's a tv show judged by three celebrity judges with their own scoring system and rules. It's not a sanctioned event lol.

Yeah, but look at the message it is sending out to all of the cooks that now think it is ok to separate the MM.... like a few years ago with the muffin chicken.... what will be next???

ique
06-04-2012, 12:10 PM

Damn I was hoping these pitmasters episodes were Jack qualifiers!

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
06-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah, but look at the message it is sending out to all of the cooks that now think it is ok to separate the MM.... like a few years ago with the muffin chicken.... what will be next???

What's wrong with either?

Scottie
06-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Hmmmmm. How deep should i read into that....:grin:

YankeeBBQ
06-04-2012, 12:16 PM

Is that a little foreshadowing regarding your episode Mr. Hart ?

YankeeBBQ
06-04-2012, 12:17 PM
What's wrong with either?

For KCBS comps it's illegal to separate the money muscle from the butt prior to cooking. Nothing wrong with muffin tin chicken.

ique
06-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Hmmmmm. How deep should i read into that....:grin:

Is that a little foreshadowing regarding your episode Mr. Hart ?

No further comment or I might get myself into trouble :tape: :razz:

Muzzlebrake
06-04-2012, 08:34 PM
I saw a shot of my food edited into episode 1.

I know you're food doesn't look like anything I saw in the preview episode.

Dan - 3eyzbbq
06-05-2012, 07:43 AM
There is a lot of shots from various events edited in. For instance I saw a shot of my food edited into episode 1.

Yep, saw a familiar knife that was out of place in that episode....

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
06-05-2012, 08:32 AM
For KCBS comps it's illegal to separate the money muscle from the butt prior to cooking. Nothing wrong with muffin tin chicken.

I understand that but why would it be a problem for cooks watching at home?

ique
06-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I understand that but why would it be a problem for cooks watching at home?

I think thats the point, its not a problem. Lucky for home cooks and bbq tv contestants that they dont have to follow that silly KCBS rule.

BBQchef33
06-05-2012, 09:12 AM
ok.. so are we saying that a TV show about BBQ is going to influence a team to the extent that they unknowingly disregard the rules? that tells me that a new or rookie team is looking to a TV and NOT reading the rulebook.. if someone does that.. sorry.. IMO, they deserve the DQ. Its no different than reading a post here, or picking up a recipe in a book, and then doing it in a comp.. is someone going to turn in a baby back rib sandwich because they saw it here? someone fries chicken on the kettle... is that going to cause a ruckas?

NO WHERE EVER does that show say its KCBS, or anything that would mislead a team into thinking they are.... The only rule is get it in on time.

Podge
06-05-2012, 09:16 AM
ok.. so are we saying that a TV show about BBQ is going to influence a team to the extent that they unknowingly disregard the rules? that tells me that a new or rookie team is looking to a TV and NOT reading the rulebook.. if someone does that.. sorry.. IMO, they deserve the DQ. Its no different than reading a post here, or picking up a recipe in a book, and then doing it in a comp.. is someone going to turn in a baby back rib sandwich because they saw it here? someone fries chicken on the kettle... is that going to cause a ruckas?

NO WHERE EVER does that show say its KCBS, or anything that would mislead a team into thinking they are.... The only rule is get it in on time.

Well said !!.. KCBS rules are readily available on-line, at the contest, and at the cook's meeting. No excuse for a team to not know the rules or have access to them. No pity from me if they unknowingly broke a rule.

Bourbon Barrel BBQ
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM

Could not have said it better.

Jorge
06-05-2012, 10:01 AM

I'm willing to bet that it happens at least once or twice.

ique
06-05-2012, 11:14 AM

And then they will be DQ'd by the reps who enforce this rule before turn ins... right?

Jorge
06-05-2012, 11:22 AM
And then they will be DQ'd by the reps who enforce this rule before turn ins... right?

You need better bait:mrgreen:

I expect contest Reps to enforce the rules.

Muzzlebrake
06-05-2012, 11:35 AM
babyback sandwiches never win here in the northeast

thistle
06-25-2012, 08:38 PM
As a backyard bbq'er, I am thoroughly enjoying this season of BBQ Pitmasters-tips & tricks, drama, a bit of humor- & Chris, after watching your episode, I ordered your cookbook, & it's a winner! ( & I have lots of cookbooks, so I'm getting more selective)...

Pelkster
06-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Something from this past Sunday's episode...the one with Diva and 2 Worthless Nuts...the guy from AK took his chicken out and put it in a pan and fried the skin. Are there any sanctioning bodies that allow this for competitions?

jaestar
06-26-2012, 02:09 PM
I believe KCBS allows this as long as the it is not deep fried. I think there was clarification that pan fried is allowed. It can not be fried on a gas or electric burner.

Wampus
06-26-2012, 04:14 PM

Yeah, I can hear it now....."BUT...I saw it on BBQ Pitmasters! You mean I can't do that?!" :laugh:

Lake Dogs
06-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Most of the sanctioning bodies will see something, from the MM separated, to garnish showing up in no-garnish comps, etc. First timers and even a few 2nd and 3rd timers seem to refuse to want to read and understand the rules... They just do...

Great show this year. I was outspoken about Season 2, so I might as well say how much I enjoy the new format, probably even better'n season 1.

DawgPhan
06-26-2012, 07:23 PM
I have liked all of the bbq related TV shows. I just wish that they would have the teams stick around for more than 1 episode.

Podge
06-26-2012, 08:28 PM
I have to say, I'm really enjoying this new season !!.. If I knew it'd been like this, I'd tried out for it.

U2CANQUE
06-26-2012, 08:31 PM
I have to say, I'm really enjoying this new season !!.. If I knew it'd been like this, I'd tried out for it.

Me too......:becky:

Podge
06-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Me too......:becky:

Dude, you were really great on it !!.. who'd-a-thunk you could speak all articulate !..
:-D

Muzzlebrake
06-26-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm amazed at the power of TV more and more. I mean it even managed to make Rob wear something with sleeves!

Plowboy
06-26-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm amazed at the power of TV more and more. I mean it even managed to make Rob wear something with sleeves!

At least he left those gay sunglasses at home.

Pelkster
06-26-2012, 10:19 PM
The only thing I don't like is how everyone has to refer to their cookers as "stick burners", "vertical water cookers", etc. Call them by their names...Jambo's, Backwoods, etc. Last week the guy had to put tape over the label on his Backwoods Competitor for crying out loud! :loco:

U2CANQUE
06-27-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm amazed at the power of TV more and more. I mean it even managed to make Rob wear something with sleeves!...:-P not for a lack of trying....but, I figured that I did not want someone posting something about arm pit hairs or anything....lol

At least he left those gay sunglasses at home.:blah: hater...mate.....

And we see how well that worked for me, grins, got me outta my comfort zone without my "bankie"....

Nordy
06-27-2012, 10:50 AM
The only thing I don't like is how everyone has to refer to their cookers as "stick burners", "vertical water cookers", etc. Call them by their names...Jambo's, Backwoods, etc. Last week the guy had to put tape over the label on his Backwoods Competitor for crying out loud! :loco:

Didn't see any covering on the JOS pit in the first episode.... just sayin....