PDA

View Full Version : Andy's BBQ in Santa Clara, CA

Boshizzle
05-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Had dinner at Andy's BBQ in Santa Clara, CA tonight. I got ribs, brisket and hot sausage. Overall, everything was well cooked, tender, juicy and all had a nice subtle smoke flavor.

The ribs are untrimmed spares and they served four bones.

There must have been close to 1/2 pound of brisket on the plate. Most of it was the flat but one slice had a good amount of point. It was moist and tasty.

The hot sausage was a little more on the spicy side than I expected but that was a good thing. The seasoning was good and I enjoyed eating the whole sausage.

There was way too much food for me to finish by myself.

Overall, it was pretty good. I didn't like the sauce but I think that's just a regional preference on my part. The sauce is sweet with some molasses and a little tang. But, it had some flavor in it that I couldn't identify. It must be a CA thing because I have detected that flavor in several things I have eaten in CA.

If I wanted a restaurant BBQ meal and was in the area again, I'd go back.

gtr
05-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Good to know - I'll check it out if and when I get up that way. Are you coming down this way? You could hit Big Mista's and Bludso's.

SirPorkaLot
05-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Overall, it was pretty good. I didn't like the sauce ..... it had some flavor in it that I couldn't identify. It must be a CA thing because I have detected that flavor in several things I have eaten in CA.

Probably avocado. They put that farking invader in everything out here.

Boshizzle
05-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Gtr, I wish but I won't have time to get to the LA area.

SirPorkAlot, that could be it.

R2Egg2Q
06-01-2012, 02:07 AM
Thanks for the write up Boshizzle! I've passed that place a few times and have wondered how it is.

Will you be in the area much longer?

Boshizzle
06-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I just boarded a plane on the way home.

landarc
06-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Dang, would have been nice to meet up, but, I was out of town.

Sway
06-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I lived in San Jose till I was about 28 or so? Andys was always good for BBQ, but it have been over ten years since I been there. Also Harrys High Life (by the Shark Tank) was a good place to eat from what I remember, but not really a BBQ place.

Boshizzle
06-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Dang, would have been nice to meet up, but, I was out of town.

Yep, I'd love to have met up. But, I will be back in that part of the country soon.

Boshizzle
06-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Here is a pic -

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=326&pictureid=5788