PDA

View Full Version : From Indiana to Fort Worth, TX and back

Wampus
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Heading down to Dallas this Sunday to pick up the new Jambo. Don't have a lot of extra time to kill, but we'll be heading down through Louisville, KY, Nashville and Memphis, TN, Little Rock, AK, then through to Dallas/Fort Worth.

Hotel room stay late Sunday night outside of Dallas, picking up the pit Monday mornin and turning back for home.

We're planning on stopping at Memphis BBQ Company for lunch on Sunday. Just thought I'd see if there was anything on the trip that we'd be crazy not to check out?

Thanks!

caseydog
05-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Where outside of Dallas are you staying?

CD

deguerre
05-23-2012, 11:50 AM
The Memphis BBQ Company in Horn Lake, Mississippi?:becky:

indianagriller
05-23-2012, 09:21 PM
We are staying at the Quality Inn in Arlington Highlands?

rib runners
05-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Wishing you fellows a safe trip. You can't go wrong with a great smoker like Jambo.

Ron Yater

caseydog
05-24-2012, 10:11 PM
We are staying at the Quality Inn in Arlington Highlands?

Never heard of it, until now. I've lived in the DFW area since 1979.

From a Google search, the restaurant scene is mostly chain joints. There is a Bone Daddy's BBQ joint there. The BBQ is "okay," but the "scenery" is top notch -- it may not jive with Wampus' religion. Let's just say that the waitstaff is VERY easy to look at. I always get the pulled pork sammich. The "Skinny Boy" onion rings are killer -- really crisp, not greasy. Ice cold longnecks, too.

Chuy's is supposed to have good TexMex, although I have not personally been there. Pot Belly Sandwiches are farking awesome, and they have one there. BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse is pretty good, too.

I'd try to meet up with you, but I will be on the beach all weekend.