PDA

View Full Version : the effort deserves a post!

boogiesnap
05-21-2012, 07:59 PM
just want to give a huge thank you to fellow brethren jaskew who cooked with me this week-end.

he jumped in 110% right from the start. fired up the cookers, monitered temps, woke up first thing and checked the cookers, built the boxes, woke my punk *ss up to get started sunday and added and overall great spirit to the camp.

i had a great time and hope justin did as well, and that, my friends, is what this is all about.

i hope i was able to offer as much about turning in 4 KCBS categories as he gave to the team.

if justin ever offers to cook with y'all, take him up on it. he brought alot of game and had a great attitude about it.

thank you bro. :thumb:

landarc
05-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Good on you both, for getting in there are working hard, being a contributor, and for taking the time to note and thank the volunteer for his work. Brethren cooking 101

boogiesnap
05-21-2012, 08:22 PM
i did also show justin brethren comp cooking "what not to do 101". :shock:

farkin honey JD.

swamprb
05-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Now he's doing his Backwoods research, better lookout!

Jaskew82
05-22-2012, 09:13 AM
:-D

Thanks Dylan. It was a great event and I plan to shigg all of your recipes! :laugh:
I am looking forward to Merrimack, NH in June - I can't wait to beat Lakeside! :heh:
Everyone was awesome - all the brethren were willing to share beers and thoughts on BBQ. Not to mention Smokin Hoggz and Que and a Half Men taking the time to show off their Backwoods smokers with auto water. Can't wait to get mine and start "Smokin the competition".

Thanks again Dylan - I will work on getting an I.V drip for the early morning hang overs! :razz:

Ryan Chester
05-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Way to do it right Jaskew!:clap:

boogiesnap
05-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Now he's doing his Backwoods research, better lookout!

now, not only research, but on order!

mighta created a monster. :becky:

deguerre
05-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Way to go both of you guys!

now, not only research, but on order!

mighta created a monster. :becky:

Monsters are good. More monsters are better. :becky::thumb:

Jaskew82
05-24-2012, 03:18 PM
I was hooked long before the competition. Since the competition, I am just deeper into my addiction. Prior to the comp I owned a weber kettle, gasser, 22.5" WSM, Large BGE, a UDS, and a Stumps Baby (sold).

Now I just ordered my Backwoods gator for comps to replace the baby.

The hooks of this addiction are set in real deep!

boogiesnap
05-24-2012, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=Jaskew82;2066352]I was hooked long before the competition. Since the competition, I am just deeper into my addiction. Prior to the comp I owned a weber kettle, gasser, 22.5" WSM, Large BGE, a UDS, and a Stumps Baby (sold).

Now I just ordered my Backwoods gator for comps to replace the baby.

the hook isn't even set. wait till you get your first walk. :loco: