PDA

View Full Version : 1st place brisket...and I had to miss it!

brog315
05-21-2012, 04:05 PM
This past weekend I had to cook for a cousin's graduation party, and therefore was not able to compete. I still let my team members use the competition pit and enter a competition for a good cause.

They ended up with a 1st place brisket trophy! We've only done 4 competitions so far, and it was sad I had to miss our first 1st place call. Hopefully there will be others. Out of the 4 competitions, we've managed a 5th place trophy (out of 110) and this 1st place (out of 20 I believe) in brisket. Now, if we could only figure out the other categories!

Very proud of my teammates, and I love the uniqueness of the trophy!

Brauma
05-21-2012, 04:26 PM
Congrats! Maybe you should stay home more often... :laugh: <ducking for cover>

RangerJ
05-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Believe you fella's got a call at the inagural Sam's Club event in Conroe for Brisket? AND it was your first ever Comp as well?

Good job and conrats on that Brisket win.

brog315
05-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Haha, I probably should Brauma. Although, I was only able to help out for about an hour Friday night and the one thing I was able to help on was brisket prep. Coincidence? ;)

Good memory RangerJ. That was me and the guy pictured on the left. Took the time to build a proper comp pit after that one so that we didn't have to tote the weber and charbroil anymore. Now, we're trying to cook as often as we can.

Plowboy
05-23-2012, 11:55 AM
That is a pretty neat tophy. Congrats to your team.