PDA

View Full Version : Sams Club - Tyson wing contest question?

Smokin' Bad Habit
05-20-2012, 03:00 PM
So we won the 1st place in wings at the lenexa KS Sams contest! , my question is this (im sure i will need to call kcbs) Do we advance to the regional contest, and if so since im only cooking wings, do i need to pay another entry fee? i should of asked Troy but was so damm tired that we just packed up and headed home!

Market Hunter
05-20-2012, 04:14 PM
I *think* you are done. Tyson is going to take the first place recipes from each qualifier, regional and the national contest and let a panel of their judges pick (?) number of those first place entries and put them on Facebook for a public vote.

I read the rules a few months ago but dismissed it from my mind I guess. Check on the KCBS site for verification.

Best of luck to ya and congrats on your 1st place win!

Smokin' Bad Habit
05-20-2012, 06:32 PM
well if we dont advance, the folks lucky enough to advance to the regionals get another chance to cook wings? that dosnt sound very fair being i have all ready beat them the first time, since they didnt take first place, ill call kcbs in the morning, i have been o ver the rules twice now and its not very clear ...it kinda reads like we advance to the regional....sigh

Nations best barbeque
05-20-2012, 10:16 PM
There is no wing contest at the regionals. You will hear from Tyson wit more info on what's next.

Plowboy
05-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Congrats on the wings, John.