PDA

View Full Version : Does a contest have to be a qualifier

jbrink01
05-15-2012, 05:48 PM
for TOY points? The below is from KCBS.

Team of the Year Points System

Every team at a contest will receive points, even the last place team. Additionally, every team participating in a contest will be awarded bonus points based on the number of teams at an event, up to a maximum of 50. There are no double and triple points, only the bonus points based on the number teams competing at each event. While teams will still be rewarded for doing well in large contests, this system helps to bridge the gap between the smaller and larger events, rewarding teams for their consistency on the competition circuit regardless of event size.
The following is a breakdown of the points awarded at each event. Take for example the third place overall finisher at a 47-team event. The team will receive 200 points plus 47 bonus points based on the number of teams competing, for a total of 247.

Mrs. McFrankenboo
05-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Not that I am aware of, what makes you think that?

smoke-n-my-i's
05-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Don't quote me on this as I am not 100% sure, but I think as long as it is a sanctioned event, it qualifies....

jbrink01
05-15-2012, 06:16 PM
Erin - I've had a couple cooks suggest that, but I never did see that written anywhere. We will be in Monroe City this weekend. It's sanctioned, with 20 teams so far. Just curious. I'm cooking it either way, but it's nice to know that if I get lucky the points count. Where are you guys headed with the meat wagon?

Coz
05-15-2012, 06:35 PM
this came up last year and I am sure that some one found the verbage that as long as its a regular sanctioned KCBS contest it counts. My old feable brain just cant remember who .

Mrs. McFrankenboo
05-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Erin - I've had a couple cooks suggest that, but I never did see that written anywhere. We will be in Monroe City this weekend. It's sanctioned, with 20 teams so far. Just curious. I'm cooking it either way, but it's nice to know that if I get lucky the points count. Where are you guys headed with the meat wagon?

The way I understand it is that any kcbs contest, with the exception of special contests like Sam's Regional or Finals, count towards TOY. If there are only 20 teams this weekend, then you will only get the 20 bonus points.

Next up for the meat wagon it Westmont and then Lee's Summit.

nthole
05-15-2012, 09:45 PM
If you've never taken a ride in Erin's meat wagon you really should. It's worth the price of admission! :grin:

Lion Bout The Q
05-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Crap, I hadn't heard they were short on teams..I wonder why, its such a nice location to cook at..Hopefully they will pick up a couple.
On topic, I believe that the points still count...

jbrink01
05-16-2012, 07:53 PM
If you've never taken a ride in Erin's meat wagon you really should. It's worth the price of admission! :grin:

I wouldn't know, but it sure looks good!