PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Hog Happenin' - Lincolnton, NC June 1/2

Sauced!
05-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Who's going? We are looking forward to pavement melting heat that typically accompanies this event. lol

http://www.hoghappenin.org/

Bentley
05-13-2012, 08:36 PM
Am hoping to judge it, but just heard about it through this post. Would love to judge a NC contest to get some idea of what is turned in in the area. Am cooking Apex NC June 23 and it might help...Will hope they say the still need judges!

Poker Smoker
05-14-2012, 04:19 AM
We'll be there!

smoke-n-my-i's
05-14-2012, 08:12 AM
Am hoping to judge it, but just heard about it through this post. Would love to judge a NC contest to get some idea of what is turned in in the area. Am cooking Apex NC June 23 and it might help...Will hope they say the still need judges!

you'll do fine... just remember to have your boiled ribs in another cooler, you don't need rub or sauce on any of the meat... just straight vinegar... LOL... see ya at Apex.

fnbish
05-17-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm late to the game, but definitely will be there. Last year only did 1 out of state and this year will be doing more. Saw people can't start setting up until 4pm on Friday?? Has that always been the case? Not the worst thing in the world, but a lot of teams do a bunch of prep before 4pm.

Sauced!
05-17-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm late to the game, but definitely will be there. Last year only did 1 out of state and this year will be doing more. Saw people can't start setting up until 4pm on Friday?? Has that always been the case? Not the worst thing in the world, but a lot of teams do a bunch of prep before 4pm.

Yep, its always been like that. Teams complain every year but they haven't changed it.

fnbish
05-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Yep, its always been like that. Teams complain every year but they haven't changed it.

Must be some city ordinance or something. I'll just do a little more prep on Thursday :razz:

cvath
05-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Has anyone in this forum recieved confirmation either way that they are or are not judging this event? I judged a comp. today and none of the judges that applied to Lincolnton had yet heard back...

Bentley
05-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Has anyone in this forum recieved confirmation either way that they are or are not judging this event? I judged a comp. today and none of the judges that applied to Lincolnton had yet heard back...

I have not, figured I just did not make the cut, so this post makes me feel a little better!

Sent Abby and email tonight, maybe by the time I hit Atlanta I will have an answer!

cvath
05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks - if you don't mind let me know what you hear back.

bbq.tom
05-21-2012, 11:20 AM

I applied months ago and haven't heard yet. I sent Abby an email last Wednesday morning and have still not heard anything. If anyone hears ANYTHING PLEASE let the rest of us know!
THANKS!!!

Bentley
05-21-2012, 10:59 PM
Just heard from a buddy on Pelletheads.com that he received notice this morning he was selected...I got nothing and no responce to my email, so I guess I did not make the cut even as a Master CBJ!

bbq.tom
05-21-2012, 11:16 PM
I just got the email from Abby confirming my wife and I as judges. Check your "spam"/junk mail folder as that is where I found mine.
Good luck!

Bentley
05-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Not even in the spam, must have just signed up to late.

Bentley
05-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Well, low n behold, just got an email saying I was when I got here to VA!

cvath
05-22-2012, 09:08 PM
I heard back from Abby yesterday and I'm in as well. We'll see you guys in Lincolnton.

Pickin' Porkers
05-23-2012, 07:28 AM
We're taking a weekend off from cooking and decided to judge this event.