PDA

View Full Version : Cambro question.

MAP
05-01-2012, 11:28 AM
So a friend went out and bought me as a suprise a UPCS400 Cambro with the wheels. I have always been a wrap in a towel and put in a cooler guy, so the question when you use the Cambro di I still need to wrap the meat in a towel?

Thanks.

roksmith
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM
nope..should be able to drop it in a hotel pan and slide it in. May want foil it if it isn't already.

kihrer
05-01-2012, 12:19 PM
So a friend went out and bought me as a suprise a UPCS400 Cambro with the wheels. I have always been a wrap in a towel and put in a cooler guy, so the question when you use the Cambro di I still need to wrap the meat in a towel?

Thanks.

I don't use a towel in my Cambro. After the meat has rested I cover it back with foil and in to the Cambro it goes. I also have pans in my Cambro so the meat sits in a pan.

MAP
05-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks guys!!!! I have the 4 or 5 hotel pans in it so I will just throw them and close the door. By the way I still cant belive that my friend said "Hey I got something for you" sure is nice to have a few friends that have money to burn...lol

Stoke&Smoke
05-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Just be sure to rest it a bit before it goes in as mentioned, else it might continue to steam

That's a great freind you have there! Guessing he might want a little que in exchange?

MAP
05-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Just be sure to rest it a bit before it goes in as mentioned, else it might continue to steam

That's a great freind you have there! Guessing he might want a little que in exchange?

He will get all the leftovers he wants for a while.

boogiesnap
05-01-2012, 01:10 PM

i think you meant "vent it", yes?

Stoke&Smoke
05-01-2012, 02:12 PM
i think you meant "vent it", yes?

That too. I have a carlisle, not a cambro, so we just leave a little gap at the top to let the steam escape. Still stays plenty hot. But I usually let butts or brisket rest 10 or 15 mins before putting in the Carlisle. YMMV

kihrer
05-01-2012, 02:26 PM
That too. I have a carlisle, not a cambro, so we just leave a little gap at the top to let the steam escape. Still stays plenty hot. But I usually let butts or brisket rest 10 or 15 mins before putting in the Carlisle. YMMV

Same here. I rest for 10 to 15 minutes and I open the vent on my Cambro so that it doesn't soften the bark as much.

boogiesnap
05-01-2012, 02:46 PM
i see, yeah i suppose the vented insulated carriers would work a little differently in that regard.

good info. :thumb: