PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!!!! From Hogfest in Historic Edenton

Tarheel
04-30-2012, 06:54 AM
I started a new thread with this so I didn't have to put it in two places. I want to thank all of the judges and cook teams that choose to come to Hogfest in Edenton this past weekend. With all the contest out there over the past couple of weeks and those to come in the next couple of weeks there are a lot to choose from. I truly hope that you had a good time most of all and that those who got your names called an even better time. While it was not the warmest at least we dodged the rain.

Congrats to Mike Richter and to Chris Capell on their respective Grand Championships. And then Piedmont Pit BBQ and Smokin Scullies on their respective Reserve Grand Championships. From talking to both Mike & Chris it was very timely for each. It had been a long dry spell for Chris and I know exactly how that feels to get that monkey off your back.:peace:
It was good to see everyone there this weekend and I look forward to seeing all of you on the road sometime this year.

Roy

tigerpaw
04-30-2012, 07:45 AM
The thanks need to go to you and your family as well. I don't think I ever saw you sitting down once in the two days I was there. This was my first trip to Edenton, but certainly not my last. A lot of good teams as some "TV celebrities" as well. A very good car show with some VERY unusual pieces to gander at. I wish I had brought my camera so I could have shown my dad some of the unique vehicles on the field. Camera phone I have does not do justice.

Hope to see you soon on the circuit somewhere but again THANK YOU :clap: for your hard work in making this event the success it was. I hope to be part of the 7th Annual.

walrus79
04-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Great job Roy and crew. This was our first visit to Edenton and we'll likely be back.
Thanks!

Slamdunkpro
04-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Many thanks to Roy, his staff and the folks at American Legion Post 40. This was a great event from a cook's perspective. We had a lot of fun met a lot of new friends and hope to return in 2013. Loved the awards, my chicken is now proudly on my mantle.

Btw the little restaurant you sent us to on Sunday night is a don't miss.

QueNivorous
04-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Great contest, Roy! Very well organized. We had a great time and appreciate the efforts of you and your staff. We hope to make it back next year. Thanks!

Sauced!
04-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Agree. Great contest(s). Very well run. Great trophies as well. I hope you do the double event next year as well. We will definitely be back.

Market Hunter
05-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Outstanding job by Roy, the American Legion and to all the volunteers! I was very impressed. :clap2:

On a side note: one daughter took the chicken trophy and the other took the pig trophy. I have not seen them in 48 hours and think they may have been permanently claimed by them. In hindsight, I should have done better to earn another for myself. In foresight, we will be back, if you will have us, to compete for that missing piece of cow trophy. :thumb:

Tarheel
05-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Outstanding job by Roy, the American Legion and to all the volunteers! I was very impressed. :clap2:

On a side note: one daughter took the chicken trophy and the other took the pig trophy. I have not seen them in 48 hours and think they may have been permanently claimed by them. In hindsight, I should have done better to earn another for myself. In foresight, we will be back, if you will have us, to compete for that missing piece of cow trophy. :thumb:

I am glad you guys had a good time, I greatly apperciate the support all of the cooks and judges that came gave us. I do hope to have it again next year so you can try and pick up the cow!

Roy

Smokin' Skullies
05-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Agreed. A contest that is ALWAYS very well run with wonderful trophies, breakfast, facilities, and large cook sites. We'll definitely be back for years to come. Great job Roy

Tarheel
05-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Agreed. A contest that is ALWAYS very well run with wonderful trophies, breakfast, facilities, and large cook sites. We'll definitely be back for years to come. Great job Roy

Nice job by you and your crew on sunday too!!:clap2: