View Full Version : insurance

04-26-2012, 04:49 PM
for you small catering businesses out there what kind of insurance do you have.was told a couple of different things by my agent thanks tom

04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Since I have a DOT#, the State of Kansas requires I carry $1mil liability in case of a crash.

For the business, I carry $1mil liability if someone gets sick or a piece of my rig breaks and falls on em.

Not to count what my rig is acutually insured for in case it's damaged.

According to my agent, I am not covered by earthquakes or terrorist attacks.

04-27-2012, 04:47 PM
600 for liability and 1500 for the truck (commercial)

04-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Call three agencies in your area and ask if they do commercial insurance for caterers and restaurants. If they say yes then you want to talk to the guy there with the most experience. When the guy gets on the line ask how long he has been in the Insurance business. This is important since small accounts are usually handled by the newest agent and you want a more experienced agent. As a 30 year commercial insurance agent this is my recommendation.

04-28-2012, 12:55 PM
thanks for the tips

05-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Call Allan Kaplan of Kaplan insurance in Fishkill. He will get you the policies you need. Tell him Handsome Devil Catering and BBQ sent you.