PDA

View Full Version : Water hose to standard kitchen faucet connection?

The Cosmic Pig
04-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Is there a simple connector to do this? The guy at Lowe's was running around with 14 different adapters, etc, before I let him off the hook and told him I would check an RV store. He was obviously relieved! Surely there's a simple connector to do this? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, my Brethren!

boogiesnap
04-20-2012, 11:17 AM
http://morebeer.com/search/102342/beerwinecoffee/coffeewinebeer/Garden_Hose_Fittings

one of these should work for you.

Pigs on Fire
04-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Most real hardware and/or plumbing supply houses carry a hose fitting to iron pipe size adapter. It will be a chunk of solid brass with these threads on the end.

This will allow you to go from water hose to a 3/8" supply line to the faucet. Might take a reducer or two to get to the faucet line, but it will work and be water tight when all said and done and not a mish-mash of crap from the big box.

colonel00
04-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Should be easy enough to find at any hardware store. You could tell them that you are filling a water bed.

http://cf.mp-cdn.net/1c/cb/b562fea8679b253dec3facd3585c.jpg

Jorge
04-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I know they used to exist. My grandparents had one out in the horse barn.

caseydog
04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
What are to trying to do?

If you just want to do something like fill a bucket on the floor, you can use a funnel and some plastic tubing.

Such a thing has other uses, too. :heh:

As long as the destination of the water is below the height of the faucet, you don't need fitting.

CD

colonel00
04-20-2012, 12:35 PM
^^^Beer bong washing mod :clap2:

Smokin J
04-20-2012, 01:22 PM
I know they sell it in the Home Depot Plumbing dept where the brass fittings are. I bought them to make my portable sink for comps/ catering. You just need to ask someone in the plumbing dept. with a little bit of plumbing knowledge. I didn't need any adapters either.

landarc
04-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Brass hose thread 3/4" x 3/4" MPT and 1/2" FPT is what you are looking for. It is available at HD or Lowes and any plumbing shop.

huminie
04-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Are you trying to get the water that comes out of a faucet to flow to a hose, or are you trying to get a hose to connect to the supply line of a faucet so that when you turn on the faucet it produces water like a regular kitchen faucet would?

I see answers to both on this thread (I think), so I am confused what you are trying to accomplish.

The Cosmic Pig
04-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Are you trying to get the water that comes out of a faucet to flow to a hose, or are you trying to get a hose to connect to the supply line of a faucet so that when you turn on the faucet it produces water like a regular kitchen faucet would?

I see answers to both on this thread (I think), so I am confused what you are trying to accomplish.

Yeah, I see where I was kinda vaque, brothers... so sorry! I am trying to connect the hose to the supply line of the faucet so I can use it like a regular kitchen faucet.

Smoke'n Ice
04-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Just bought one at lowes. Find the plumber there and tell him. I got the stainless steel braid one

The Cosmic Pig
04-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Just bought one at lowes. Find the plumber there and tell him. I got the stainless steel braid one

I'll have to find the one that knows his stuff - if one exists. The one I asked couldn't find his own butt in the dark! :crazy:

JimmyDAL
04-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Download a picture and bring it with you