PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Bryant Visit

jketron
04-20-2012, 10:58 AM
633206332163322I flew out from San Diego to attend a CBJ class and wanted to stop and eat some of the places I've heard about on tv

Bbqin fool
04-20-2012, 11:03 AM
They were just on food wars on the travel channel. Looks delicious!

Buffalo Bill
04-20-2012, 11:06 AM
You can't go wrong with Arthur Bryants. but if you're still in town get to Oklahoma Joes and get your self a zman, it may change your life.

Trumanj
04-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Went there and Gates in March for the first time. Both places were really good. I liked the sauces better at Gates though. Didn't have time to hit up Oklahoma Joe's.

I was surprised at how Arthur Bryant slices their meat. It was the first time I've ever seen brisket sliced on a deli meat slicer.

Jorge
04-20-2012, 12:53 PM
You can't go wrong with Arthur Bryants. but if you're still in town get to Oklahoma Joes and get your self a zman, it may change your life.

+1 for the Z-Man!

ROF, Texas
04-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I too had the pleasure of eating there for the first time last week. I found it to live up to their name. The PP was good and the rib tips were better. They are not shy on food quantity either. I ordedred some sliced pork and it also was deli shaved. All in all very good Q.

firefighter4634
04-28-2012, 05:10 PM

MMMMm mmmm the Zman. Had my first one a few years back and have had one each year since. Just wish I lived closer but we make a trip each spring to KC to spend a weekend and try some Q. I think the Zman is the best I have had!

Bigmista
04-29-2012, 08:23 PM
I was disappointed with my trip to Arthur Bryant's. Best things on my plate where the pickles and red cream soda. Burnt ends sandwich at Gates was better and I liked the sauce better, but I had big hunks of fat (not tasty bits) that could have been removed.

Oklahoma Joe's has been my favorite KC's BBQ joint so far. +1 for the Z-Man!

Bigdog
04-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I was disappointed with my trip to Arthur Bryant's. Best things on my plate where the pickles and red cream soda. Burnt ends sandwich at Gates was better and I liked the sauce better, but I had big hunks of fat (not tasty bits) that could have been removed.

Oklahoma Joe's has been my favorite KC's BBQ joint so far. +1 for the Z-Man!

Especially with a big-0-order of fries!:thumb:

Jethro608
04-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Living back in iowa via montana . I lived in kc for 15 yrs & a loyal bryants fan got 2 go to orignal shop for orignal food stay away from boats not well enough seasoned. Thank for making my mouth water . I see road trip written on wall