PDA

View Full Version : How much to charge???

firefighter4634
04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
I need to cook and slice pork loin for 40 people. I an thinking about cooking around 12 lbs for maybe just a loin and 1/2 so they can have left overs.
I do not have to buy the meat, just cook and slice it. What would be a fair price for my time and cooking?

HBMTN
04-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Maybe some others will chime in on your amounts but I have to question if 12lbs will be enough pork loin for 40 people. I have never caterer loins as a one meat option but I would think closer to 17-20lbs unless they are making a loin sandwich or something like that. As for charges, I would take the cost of the food and multiply it x2. So if the food supplies cost $50 for example I would charge $100 if I did not pay for food and $150 if I did. That said, I would net let someone bring me the meats I would get them myself and charge x3.

firefighter4634
04-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Maybe some others will chime in on your amounts but I have to question if 12lbs will be enough pork loin for 40 people. I have never caterer loins as a one meat option but I would think closer to 17-20lbs unless they are making a loin sandwich or something like that. As for charges, I would take the cost of the food and multiply it x2. So if the food supplies cost $50 for example I would charge $100 if I did not pay for food and $150 if I did. That said, I would net let someone bring me the meats I would get them myself and charge x3.

Thanks for the reply. They are going to make loin sandwiches and have other salads etc. I am getting the loin's from a good friend that raises hogs, so they will be freshly butchered.

bosshawgs
04-22-2012, 09:16 PM
if you are cooking for firefighters always cook more