PDA

View Full Version : Headed to Baton Rouge...

Al Czervik
04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm off to Baton Rouge for a few days this week for training. I'll be on my own Wednesday and Friday night for dinner and was hoping to sample the down home cuisine... Any suggestions in and around downtown?

Carnivorous Endeavors BBQ
04-17-2012, 05:16 PM
For a local feel, you could try the Chimes Restaurant and Bar. It is only a couple miles from downtown on Highland Rd at the Gates of LSU. If you drink, they have a huge selection of beers(huge draft bar selection) from around the world. They have good local seafood, i like the sauteed crab claws appetizer.
I haven't been to it, but i hear another good place is Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant.
If you feel the need for or like sushi, They have Tsunami which is on the top floor of an the Shaw building. I'm not a sushi fan, but it is a cool atmosphere with an outdoor bar area and large windows overlooking the Mississippi river.
Other than that, i haven't been there in a while. I'll ask my brother to see what he would recommend and let you know if I find out more info.

deguerre
04-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Just make sure you don't get hijacked.

Al Czervik
04-17-2012, 05:32 PM
For a local feel, you could try the Chimes Restaurant and Bar. It is only a couple miles from downtown on Highland Rd at the Gates of LSU. If you drink, they have a huge selection of beers(huge draft bar selection) from around the world. They have good local seafood, i like the sauteed crab claws appetizer.
I haven't been to it, but i hear another good place is Louisiana Lagniappe Restaurant.
If you feel the need for or like sushi, They have Tsunami which is on the top floor of an the Shaw building. I'm not a sushi fan, but it is a cool atmosphere with an outdoor bar area and large windows overlooking the Mississippi river.
Other than that, i haven't been there in a while. I'll ask my brother to see what he would recommend and let you know if I find out more info.

Thanks a ton CEBBQ! :mrgreen:

Just make sure you don't get hijacked.

Do I dare ask for more of an explanation G? :shocked: