PDA

View Full Version : Pork in The Park

K-Train
04-16-2012, 09:22 AM
We're getting pretty excited about this weekend. Should be a good time. We'll be rolling in Friday morning. Would love to meet the other Brethren and put faces to names. We have a set up that's hard to miss. We have a smoker that looks like an old steam train and an old weber that looks like a big spider (if only we could cook as good as our equipment looks). Stop by and ask for Keith.

Patrickkva
04-16-2012, 09:53 AM
We're getting pretty excited about this weekend. Should be a good time. We'll be rolling in Friday morning. Would love to meet the other Brethren and put faces to names. We have a set up that's hard to miss. We have a smoker that looks like an old steam train and an old weber that looks like a big spider (if only we could cook as good as our equipment looks). Stop by and ask for Keith.

We won't be at this comp, but I can attest to the fact that the folks at Fat Maxine's are great people. We were neighbors at a comp last season (Smoketoberfest in Chambersburg). Good luck Keith!

tigerpaw
04-16-2012, 10:40 AM
I will be coming to judge. Looking forward to a great weekend.

K-Train
04-16-2012, 11:22 AM
^^^^^^Stop by when judging is done. I'm sure we'll have a cold one or two left over.

tigerpaw
04-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Will try to make it by, mainly for picture of steam train. Familiy put in over 500 total years of working for various railroads. Uncles, aunts, cousins, dad, grandparents, great grandfather so will try to take picture to show my dad.

Pig Headed
04-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Keith, I'll try to find you. We'll be pulling in late Thursday afternoon. Your smoker should make the chore easier. Last year they had signs at the end of the rows with the teams names listed. These were in place by Friday evening. Pretty impressive if you ask me, since the sites aren't assigned.

HawgNationBBQ
04-16-2012, 11:53 AM
We will be there and look for you.

watg?
04-16-2012, 11:54 AM
We plan to arrive late Thursday afternoon, looking forward to it.

Big Ugly's BBQ
04-16-2012, 12:02 PM
We plan to arrive late Thursday afternoon, looking forward to it.

Cool, I will have the appropriate music ready for your arrival..................:loco::loco::loco::loco:

Honestly, we will down sometime Thursday, looking forward to getting started this year...........

BurninTree BBQ
04-16-2012, 12:14 PM
We are rolling in Friday morning.

Yleekyoti
04-16-2012, 06:13 PM
I was there today. They wouldnt let me in though. I do want a close look at that black widow weber. See you there

Disconnect
04-16-2012, 06:15 PM
We'll be there! :) Can't wait!

Got a favor to ask - our rocks stoker exploded Saturday. Anyone have a guru with WSM adapter we could borrow? (Giving up on stoker, switching over but it doesn't look like we'll be able to get one before the comp.)

rexbbq
04-16-2012, 06:28 PM
We will be there Friday Morning. Can't wait.

Red Valley BBQ
04-16-2012, 06:34 PM

Got a favor to ask - our rocks stoker exploded Saturday. Anyone have a guru with WSM adapter we could borrow? (Giving up on stoker, switching over but it doesn't look like we'll be able to get one before the comp.)

The guys from the Guru will be at the comp competing. If you give them a call maybe they would bring it with them.

BTW, the DC Firefighting BBQ Team will be there as well. Rolling in early Friday morning.

SeaDogBBQ
04-16-2012, 07:14 PM

I can bring my stoker if you want to use it (my stoker is on my patio smoker). Ill be there Thursday night. Only condition is you dont blow it up

Disconnect
04-16-2012, 07:29 PM
I can bring my stoker if you want to use it (my stoker is on my patio smoker). Ill be there Thursday night. Only condition is you dont blow it up

You would be my hero! What size fan have you got? (I'll bring ours so I can pop the dog-bowl off but the fan connector is trashed. Still need to dig a piece of it out of the controller..)

The guys from the Guru will be at the comp competing. If you give them a call maybe they would bring it with them.

Good idea, I hadn't even thought about that. (I was going to check the list again tonight, but I don't know if it would have occurred to me when I saw the name..)

I'll swing by to say hi to you guys and drool over that kettle ranch again. :)

SeaDogBBQ
04-16-2012, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=Disconnect;2018064]You would be my hero! What size fan have you got? (I'll bring ours so I can pop the dog-bowl off but the fan connector is trashed. Still need to dig a piece of it out of the controller..)

Sorry should have clarified. I have a WSM on my patio also. I can bring the fan, dog-bowl, and stoker. No worries on your end

K-Train
04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
I was there today. They wouldnt let me in though. I do want a close look at that black widow weber. See you there
It actually was made to look like a black widow. One of our team members does metal art, he's a talented dude. Looks like I'll have to buy more beverages then I figured if you all come by, awesome problem to have though!

Disconnect
04-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Sorry should have clarified. I have a WSM on my patio also. I can bring the fan, dog-bowl, and stoker. No worries on your end

Got a favorite refreshing beverage we can bring you? :becky:

Tiki Wolf
04-17-2012, 06:00 AM
I should be rolling in late Thursday afternoon. Anyone interested in getting together a trip to O.C. for dinner Thursday night? I know a place where they make outstanding orange crushes!

Fishhook
04-17-2012, 06:27 AM
I should be rolling in late Thursday afternoon. Anyone interested in getting together a trip to O.C. for dinner Thursday night? I know a place where they make outstanding orange crushes!

That wouldn't by any chance be Hardorside would it?....:laugh:

Tiki Wolf
04-17-2012, 06:43 AM
That wouldn't by any chance be Hardorside would it?....:laugh:

It might be.......not only do they make a great crush, but have some awesome burgers and a really nice seared ahi tuna appetizer with a wasabi cream sauce. Mickey Finns is pertty good, too. And The Shark has a fantastic voodoo surf and turf......it's not on the menu but if you ask them, they'll make it.

HawgNationBBQ
04-17-2012, 07:09 AM

I have a Guru you can borrow, however I donít have the specific adapter you are looking for. If you get the adapter, im happy to let you use the guru. Let me know.

Tiki Wolf
04-17-2012, 07:51 AM

If you give the Guru guys a call, I'm sure they would bring what you need to the contest.

Disconnect
04-17-2012, 10:29 AM
If you give the Guru guys a call, I'm sure they would bring what you need to the contest.

They are going to loan me a digiq :) So we're totally set. (Except we need a new excuse for DAL ;) ..)

jcog44
04-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Who's going to be at Pork in the Park this year. I will be there Friday night and will stop by and say hello.

Good luck to everyone.

Tiki Wolf
04-17-2012, 10:52 AM
They are going to loan me a digiq :) So we're totally set. (Except we need a new excuse for DAL ;) ..)
Stop by the trailer. I'll feed you some of my Orange Crushes.....that should do the trick!

Big Ugly's BBQ
04-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Yep, Keith is known for his Orange Crushes. They are powerful things!!!!

FlavorSavor
04-17-2012, 01:56 PM
I was planning on arriving Thursday evening about 5pm or so. But it looks like I will not be able to leave home until 5pm Thursday now. It's about a 5.5 hour trip for me and would hate to wake everyone in the middle of the night setting up shop. So I think I'll pull into the Wal-Mart parking lot off Rt.13 and crash for the night, and roll into the park about 8am Friday morning, just in time for one of Keith's orange breakfast drinks.

Red Valley BBQ
04-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Stop by the trailer. I'll feed you some of my Orange Crushes.....that should do the trick!

If not we could make up a few Painkillers. They will make you take back stuff you never stole.

Disconnect
04-17-2012, 04:16 PM

Sounds like breakfast :)

chickenchoker
04-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Chicken Chokers will be rolling in late thursday night.........

5-0 BBQ
04-18-2012, 07:01 AM
5-0 will roll in sometime Thursday evening

Disconnect
04-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Sie'n Dis BBQ won't be there until Fri (hopefully before noon.)

smokinit
04-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Se ya all there friday morning

Cletus
04-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Slower Lower BBQ will be there Thursday afternoon.

I had a great time last year. I just hope the band plays "Stairway to Freebird" numerous times.

mclancey
04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Smokerhead will also be rolling in on Thursday afternoon.

Or Evening, depending on how long it takes to find decent parsley.

smokinit
04-18-2012, 10:20 AM
Is the addy for the park 6737 Blue ribbon rd thats what popped up on the directions on their site

Cletus
04-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Or Evening, depending on how long it takes to find decent parsley.

You could always use Easter Basket Grass. That stuff should be at least 50% off about now. :shocked:

mclancey
04-18-2012, 10:50 AM
The Easter Basket Grass would look a lot better than most I've the parsley I've come across lately.

tdwalker
04-18-2012, 02:15 PM
I'll be judging.

I'm thinking of going without my cooler, but I'm scared I'll be hungry on Monday.:oops:

Disconnect
04-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Sie'n Dis BBQ won't be there until Fri (hopefully before noon.)

Rather, SLe'n Dis BBQ. (They mis-spelled us, doh! Not bad handwriting - the form was typed. We emailed the organiser but no response. She's prolly a bit busy..)

K-Train
04-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Disconnect, Where in Bowie? I used to teach at Holy Trinity in Glen Dale.

BMinahan
04-19-2012, 03:22 AM
Que and a half men is waking up now and will be on our way soon from Massachusetts.
Please stop by our site and welcome us as a new brethren member. Beers on us.

kihrer
04-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Ihrer's Fires will be rolling in Friday morning.

HawgNationBBQ
04-19-2012, 07:24 AM
....Beers on us.

Be careful what you wish for. Ha-Ha
We will swing by.

bam
04-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Jr and I will try to get there before cooks meeting Friday. :pray:

SmokinGuitarPlayer
04-19-2012, 09:43 PM
We're rolling at 8 am hope to be there by noon ... lookin forward to seeing everybody there . Stop by and say hello.
FB/SGP

K-Train
04-19-2012, 09:47 PM
We're aiming to leave around 8 as well and hope to be in by 10. Got my cooler stocked!

Red Valley BBQ
04-20-2012, 09:48 AM
On the road to PitP now. We would have been there by now but we got behind some guy towing a train and had a big metal black widow spider made to look like a Weber in the bed of his truck....:biggrin1:

SmokinGuitarPlayer
04-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Well .... we got no more than 8 miles from our store and had a huge blowout on a rear tire ..ripped it to shreds. The spare? hmmm .. never really checked it ... PADLOCKED ON ... no key of course, AND IT WAS SHOT ...then upon further investigation, all my tires were shot ...so believe it or not, we should a great tire store .. Martins in Morgantown (PA) and within an hour had 7 brand new times mounted, balanced and we were back on the road !
FB//SGP

K-Train
04-22-2012, 07:08 PM
On the road to PitP now. We would have been there by now but we got behind some guy towing a train and had a big metal black widow spider made to look like a Weber in the bed of his truck....:biggrin1:
Yeah sorry. That was the first time I was put in charge of driving the trailer. I didn't want to be the one to "derail" the train.

Red Valley BBQ
04-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah sorry. That was the first time I was put in charge of driving the trailer. I didn't want to be the one to "derail" the train.

You didn't actually hold us up, but we did honk as we passed you. We were pulling the white 5th wheel trailer. We were also a couple spots away from you if you looked toward the rides.

I have to say that train cooker is awesome. I was hoping to find the time to stop by and say hi to a fellow brethren, but once I found out that I knew two of the teams competing on BBQ Pitmasters I spent most of my free time up there.

K-Train
04-23-2012, 08:02 AM
You didn't actually hold us up, but we did honk as we passed you. We were pulling the white 5th wheel trailer. We were also a couple spots away from you if you looked toward the rides.

I have to say that train cooker is awesome. I was hoping to find the time to stop by and say hi to a fellow brethren, but once I found out that I knew two of the teams competing on BBQ Pitmasters I spent most of my free time up there.

I heard you guys honk. At first I thought it was someone mad at me. Then I reLized probably another cook team. No worries. My Dad was a Chief in the DCFD. He knows Mike.