PDA

View Full Version : NEW Sponsor for 2012

Smokin Hoggz
04-03-2012, 06:00 AM
We are very excited to introduce the newest member to the Smokin' Hoggz BBQ Team: Head Country BBQ!!!!! They make some of the Best BBQ products on the market today and we are thrilled to be partnered up with them and their product!! Thank you for the support.

http://www.smokinhoggzbbq.com/storage/HC.bmp

Diva Q
04-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Congratulations!!

Code3BBQ
04-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Congrats.

ModelMaker
04-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Commercial???
Ed

Coz
04-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Commercial???
Ed

Ed I dont really see it as a commercial as much as some one showing that the company is giving something back to the cooks?

Rich Parker
04-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Congrats!

Rub
04-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Congratulations!

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
04-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Ed I dont really see it as a commercial as much as some one showing that the company is giving something back to the cooks?

with just a few posts and little to no contributions to this forum it is just a commercial. I see a lot of hit and run posters that do nothing, little more than take more then they give. Just an example for the good Brethern sponsorship...or ad...OakRidge offered free product for (I think the 1st 50 ) after that some basic shipping cost. Plowboys (rub) and iQue (book) have been around and provided many tips and answered questions about their products.

How does this sponser give back to the Brethren ?

not an argument, but a discussion that I am willing to defend, with logic!

congrats on the sponsership!! I wish you the best!!

MilitantSquatter
04-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Mod Note : The mods and admin have already reviewed & discussed the thread.

We're OK with the announcement that a team has a new sponsor..In a perfect world, the logo and large, bold font etc. ideally could have been removed so it doesn't come across like an ad but we agreed to let it go...

As long as the thread does not turn into a continued advertisement and future threads do not do the same.

If you see content you believe violates a forum rule, please report it and let the mods/admin make the call vs. debating on the forum.

Coz
04-03-2012, 08:38 PM
with just a few posts and little to no contributions to this forum it is just a commercial. I see a lot of hit and run posters that do nothing, little more than take more then they give. Just an example for the good Brethern sponsorship...or ad...OakRidge offered free product for (I think the 1st 50 ) after that some basic shipping cost. Plowboys (rub) and iQue (book) have been around and provided many tips and answered questions about their products.

I guess I was just lookin at in the aspect that they were doing something with a team not the forum as a whole. And I agree that others do S.O.W. ,Plowboys etc do put in a lot of great advice . I do see others constantly spamming the board nothing is said but I also dont have access to the internet during the day so I may miss a lot. Usually why I dont chime in on these discussions because I miss what happened /modded during the day.

Transformer BBQ
04-03-2012, 08:47 PM
I have way more issue with people with hundreds of posts and little to no contributions; but that doesn't seem to stop anyone.

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
04-03-2012, 08:54 PM
I guess I was just lookin at in the aspect that they were doing something with a team not the forum as a whole. And I agree that others do S.O.W. ,Plowboys etc do put in a lot of great advice . I do see others constantly spamming the board nothing is said but I also dont have access to the internet during the day so I may miss a lot. Usually why I dont chime in on these discussions because I miss what happened /modded during the day.

you just missed my belief that if you want to advertise.pay for it and do it in the right thread..one day Ill get the whole "troll" treatment ...but I belive if you want to promote it...take a couple of the $$$ and help us all out. (forum ..Brethren wise)

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
04-03-2012, 09:02 PM
I have way more issue with people with hundreds of posts and little to no contributions; but that doesn't seem to stop anyone.

agreed.as well, Iput my whole rib process out there and was belittled for it..no help just put to shame..how is your record?

p.s. I use Fab B for beef....1/4c per 2 1/4 of swansons veg broth..any takers?????????

Transformer BBQ
04-03-2012, 09:06 PM
agreed.as well, Iput my whole rib process out there and was belittled for it..no help just put to shame..how is your record?

p.s. I use Fab B for beef....1/4c per 2 1/4 of swansons veg broth..any takers?????????

My record with? posting? contests?

Sledneck
04-03-2012, 09:19 PM

Welocme to the forum , head on over to cattle something or another and introduce yourself. :tongue:

Btw, since this thread is about head country , Do you have gallon jugs in stock?

Transformer BBQ
04-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Welocme to the forum , head on over to cattle something or another and introduce yourself. :tongue:

Btw, since this thread is about head country , Do you have gallon jugs in stock?

I have the 'regular size' in stock, and a shipment of gallons coming in next week, how many you need? shoot me an email

pigmaker23
04-03-2012, 09:46 PM
The 2011 World Championship Team has a sponsor, that's news worthy of posting in this forum. And by the way,it is the only new sponsor that they have gotten since winning the Jack. The members of this team are some of the most humble people you will ever meet. I doubt they set out to post a blatant ad. Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me.

Smokin Hoggz
04-04-2012, 05:54 AM
My appologies for all the controversy on this thread. My intent was not to mislead people into thinking that this was a so called 'ad'. My intent was to announce that we have new sponsor for the 2012 BBQ season. We are very excited and proud of this fact!!!

JimmyDAL
04-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Eric said it all! I was @ the I-Que class and was talking with Bill at length about sponsorship and he has and always will be one of the most humble people you'll meet. This is just an example of one man's team making it and proud that someone else sees that. Congratulations? Bill and Team!

Sledneck
04-04-2012, 07:47 AM
My appologies for all the controversy on this thread. My intent was not to mislead people into thinking that this was a so called 'ad'. My intent was to announce that we have new sponsor for the 2012 BBQ season. We are very excited and proud of this fact!!!

Im happy and excited too, in fact I would love if you share all the products:tongue: youguys use

Rich Parker
04-04-2012, 11:11 AM

You should be excited that is awesome! You aren't the only one that posts about getting a new sponsor and just because you don't post 10 times a day doesn't mean you are any less of a brethren.

Scottie
04-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Congrats Bill! Hope more come along.

Blues Hog, Smokin' Guns, FAB, Cimarron Docs, BBQr's Delight, Maine Grilling Woods are a few of mine. I have a few underground that don't want recognition as well....

***this was posted tongue in cheek in support of a fellow brother...

Sledneck
04-04-2012, 02:10 PM
My new team " nice rack bbq" is sponsored by Bobby q's bodascious bbq in westport CT

Kit R
04-04-2012, 03:18 PM
I have NO sponsors, but that is probably because of my generally disagreeable nature/disposition :violin:

OK that was a joke about the disagreeable nature. But I don't know that I have anywhere near the level of exposure or success to even contemplate looking for sponsors. On the "glass half full" side of things, I've been able to make a lot of changes since I'm paying for everything. Most of them worked for the better, and others, well not so much.

I love the Gnome (and he knows that), and although I only got to know Bill when we met at the hotel in Tullahoma and I transferred the fateful karma on him (yeah, right) I have since gained more respect for him as a fine member of the BBQ community. Maybe someday a sponsorship opportunity will crop up for us, and if it does I'll announce it if the sponsor wants.

YankeeBBQ
04-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Nice Ad. Maybe I need to think about sponsoring you.

We are very excited to introduce the newest member to the Smokin' Hoggz BBQ Team: Head Country BBQ!!!!! They make some of the Best BBQ products on the market today and we are thrilled to be partnered up with them and their product!! Thank you for the support.

http://www.smokinhoggzbbq.com/storage/HC.bmp

YankeeBBQ
04-04-2012, 05:41 PM

I didn't peg you for a forum cop. :mod:

Smokin' Gnome BBQ
04-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I didn't peg you for a forum cop. :mod:

your right I was being a jack wad...I was out of line, and have personally apologized for my posts..

my hope is that the bbq brethren doesnt become the "Craigs list" of bbq.

again..I was some what out of character, I just love what the Brethren stand for.

BBQchef33
04-04-2012, 09:43 PM
your right I was being a jack wad...I was out of line, and have personally apologized for my posts..

again..I was some what out of character, I just love what the Brethren stand for.

Thanks gnome.. :thumb:

now, to the rest... (in admin voice):mmph:

a mod said we were ok with the thread and it was recognized as an announcement, not an ad. That should have been where it ended,.. and there was no need for the dogpile that ensued after. so drop the chit stirring. Anymore will earn a timeout.

BTW, Bills been a member here for 5 years... I personally consider it and honer to have our Jack and AR winners, both past and present, as members. Its hard enough to get little sponsor to give plastic baggies, but to get a sponsor like head county, any of us would be farking thrilled to get them.. and I know i would be posting that in big letters here too.

congrats Bill!

wickedbbq'r
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Congrats Bill! All the best.

BasicPatrick
04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Congrats to the whole team for the news plus AN EVEN BIGGER CONGRATS TO BILL AND HIS LOVELY ABOUT TO BE BRIDE!!!!!

It is almost a year ago I met all members of the Smokin Hoggz team and my BBQ experience & learning curve has been enhanced by being contest neighbors twice in 2011. Its great to see good people getting sponsors and hope that more discussion about the topic comes forth.

motoeric
04-05-2012, 06:56 PM
For what it's worth, the Grill Scouts are also sponsored by Head Country. They make a fantastic sauce and we will be using it throughout the season.

Eric

CBQ
04-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Congrats Smokin' Hoggz, you guys deserve it. I am surprised that, given your...dedication...to their products, that Jack Daniels isn't a sponsor :becky:

bmanMA
04-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Nice work guys/gal/shakes.
See ya at Roc... or Lex if ur doing it.

SHBBQ
04-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Nice work guys/gal/shakes.
See ya at Roc... or Lex if ur doing it.

Def at Roc City, Lexington part of the team will be in memphis, and part will be returnign from thier honey moon, I heard Bill and Shaune may be making a Cameo in Lexington so keep an eye out! I love me some Pork Legs and Chicken Butt!!!!

SHBBQ
04-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Congrats Smokin' Hoggz, you guys deserve it. I am surprised that, given your...dedication...to their products, that Jack Daniels isn't a sponsor :becky:

Thanks baby! You know where to find it, but you must be a "gentleman" to get it. :wink:

SHBBQ
04-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Im happy and excited too, in fact I would love if you share all the products:tongue: youguys use

Come by the trailer, the door is always open!!!! and so is the cooler!!!!:-D

SHBBQ
04-06-2012, 08:51 AM

<upside down shot glass>

your drink is waiting for you, I hope you like Gentleman Jack!:-D

deez butts
04-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Def at Roc City, Lexington part of the team will be in memphis, and part will be returnign from thier honey moon, I heard Bill and Shaune may be making a Cameo in Lexington so keep an eye out! I love me some Pork Legs and Chicken Butt!!!!

Here I was thinking you liked both our butts?!?!?

Congrats, guys, girl, animals and shakes. :becky:

SHBBQ
04-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Here I was thinking you liked both our butts?!?!?

Congrats, guys, girl, animals and shakes. :becky:

I like your legs too!

deez butts
04-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I like your legs too!

I'll bring the peanut butter to Roc.