PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant depot - KCBS

Brew-B-Q
03-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Does having a KCBS membership allow you to shop at RD? If so, do you just present your KCBS card each time? My current RD membership has expired and I'm having a hard time renewing.

roksmith
03-27-2012, 09:32 AM
My understanding is that they will issue a one day pass any time you stop in with a valid KCBS card, but that may have changed.
I got my RD card before they changed to the daily passes.

I didn't know they expired... mine has no date on it.

DawgPhan
03-27-2012, 09:35 AM
In my experience, if you have any reason you might need to shop there and have a business card or just talk a decent game you can get a card. You will pay tax on your purchases, but they will give you a card to shop there.

dmprantz
03-27-2012, 09:40 AM
If you are a KCBS member, log in to your account on the website and then click on Discounts. There you will find the "instructions" for getting a one-day pass. I have found that you don't "need" that code, but it might expedite things. Their system isn't the best and they'll ask you for contact information, I' just always say "Use whichever one comes up first. This is a one day pass." and they get the hint.

dmp

kihrer
03-27-2012, 10:18 AM
At my RD in Philly, the first time I went I showed my KCBS card. They gave me a day pass with a number on it. Now every time I go, which is almost weekly, I just use the same pass they originally gave me. I don't even have to show my KCBS card.

Big George's BBQ
03-27-2012, 10:23 AM
At my RD in Philly, the first time I went I showed my KCBS card. They gave me a day pass with a number on it. Now every time I go, which is almost weekly, I just use the same pass they originally gave me. I don't even have to show my KCBS card.

Which one do you go to I have thought about checking them out. I lived in Harleysville 2 1/2 yrs ago

mobow
03-27-2012, 10:28 AM
At the KC store I just ask for a KCBS day pass and they give me one. The check out person keeps the day pass when I check out. keith

kihrer
03-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Which one do you go to I have thought about checking them out. I lived in Harleysville 2 1/2 yrs ago

I go to the one in Manayunk. If the traffic on 76 is moving, it takes maybe 25 minutes.

Since we are still practically neighbors, I look forward to meeting you.

BurninTree BBQ
03-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I go to the one in Manayunk. If the traffic on 76 is moving, it takes maybe 25 minutes.

We shop at the same RD and never had a problem

Big George's BBQ
03-27-2012, 02:31 PM

Definately Will have to check out RD Was in your town for 24 yrs until we moved

Brew-B-Q
03-27-2012, 04:06 PM
My RD card expired apparently because I didn't shop for 6 months. It's a hassle to get it updated every time and they never seek to link to the other stores in the area. Just wondering if the KCBS route would be easier, which sounds like a maybe. Thanks for the responses.

speedrcer1
03-27-2012, 04:17 PM
On the KCBS web site, you can get the KCBS account number #######. (not your KCBS number)
just give this number at the front desk and they will give you the one day pass.

smoke-n-my-i's
03-27-2012, 07:38 PM
when I stopped by my nearest one the other week, I didn't think to get the number from the KCBS website.... I just showed them my KCBS card, told the girl I am suppose to be able to get a 1 day pass, she looked up something and asked if I lived in the nearby town. I said "no", and she let me use that number on a 1 day pass ..... it worked for me.