PDA

View Full Version : Smoking on the Suwannee (Team Shadowing)

BigBobBQ
03-25-2012, 10:49 PM
when planning what events you are going to attend do you plan your whole season ahead of time or do you plan on a monthly basis. The reason I ask is to see if anyone is planning on attending the Smokin on the Suwannee event this year in July in Live Oak, Florida. I live there and while not competing, (still not good enough yet) I would love to visit with some brethren teams and learn what competition cooking is all about, and get some experience in how things operate if possible. I look forward to meeting any of the brethren teams that will be there and getting to say howdy. I would love to shadow and even help out if you need me to do so.

warfrat
03-26-2012, 10:33 AM
we are having a Judge's Training on Friday night. I would suggest taking the class. It will give you some insight that could prove to be beneficial.

rwoodling
03-26-2012, 01:14 PM
I'll be there taste testing and enjoying some malted beverages but haven't found a team to let me hang around yet.

BigBobBQ
03-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Well that does sound like a great idea. Do you have the details about when and where. If not when you get everything finalized cold you send me the information so I can make arrangements to work it out.

warfrat
03-27-2012, 09:29 AM
It will be Friday the 27th at 6pm at the Spirit Lodge...sign up will be on the FBA website when it gets nearer.