PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Class Not So Famous Competition BBQ Cooking Class

Pigs on The Run
03-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Looking for an affordable Championship BBQ Competition BBQ Class.
Tired of just being a spectator at a BBQ competition. Would you like to at least to win gas money or are you just looking to get a little help.!

Let Pigs on the Run BBQ Pit Master teach you how to get the most bang for you buck! Pigs on the Run BBQ Team has been around for over 10 years!

Competition BBQ CLASS

http://bbqconnectionllc.com/bbqcookingclasses.html

May 12th 2012

Very thorough, very detailed, passionate about the of love for barbeque. Hold nothing back !
Basic BBQ competition Class

Championship BBQ Competition Class.
Get the BEST Bang with your Buck,
by Award-Winning BBQ Grand Champion John Atkins.

John has competed all over our great country.
Pigs on the Run BBQ team has walked in over 75% of contest competed.
As a part time recreational team, Pigs on the Run has been very competitive.

They have been invited to :

The American Royal three time !
The Jack Daniels invitational Draw x Three!
The Sam’s Club National BBQ Championship Series !

They Finish top Five in pork at the American Royal out of about 500 teams
Over 100 top ten trophies.
4 Grand Championships
Certified BBQ Judge
BBQ , Bands and Brews contest Organizer
Top 50th BBQ team in the country 2011 from Sam's Club National BBQ Series

Times and Dates: 11 am to 5 pm (approximately)

Pigs on The Run
03-23-2012, 09:13 AM
In the spirit of the BBQ Brethren and BBQ ,I am very humble to give this class. There are much better cooks on here than I . This came out of local need for new teams in our area and to help the little guy who doesn't have the money to go to the Big name classes. My goal to help the little guy that is looking to have a fighting chance.
Pigs on the Run BBQ only competed in 4 BBQ competitions last year. Three of them were the Sam's National BBQ series! Where we ended up cooking in Bentonville.
The class is only $175 per person.

Pigs on The Run
03-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks to all. I am getting a good responce. I want to all who have support me.
John

Pigs on The Run
03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Pigs on the run Competition Cooking class is offering a $50 discount to all Brethren members who register by 15 April 2012 .
http://bbqconnectionllc.com/bbqcookingclasses.html

Dan - 3eyzbbq
03-30-2012, 06:31 PM
This is a steal. John is a great cook and a great teacher. I was lucky enough to cook with Pigs on the Run at the Royal and was unlucky enought to get beat by them on more than one occasion.

I'd jump on this one.

Pigs on The Run
03-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Thanks Dan for the comments. Class is starting to fill up! Maybe I will discuss the Butt in the Box! LOL

Theresa B
03-31-2012, 04:07 PM
John- looking forward to meeting you on 5/12!

Pigs on The Run
04-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Thanks Teresa,
We are having a great Brethren response! I am looking forward to great time to teach what I have learned from over 10 years !

Pigs on The Run
04-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Update for class. John Busch Master judges and just a great BBQ ambassador will be at our class!

Discounts ends 15 April 2012

Crash
04-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Sounds awesome. I'd totally hit this class if it was geographically possible.

tnjimbob
04-05-2012, 03:20 PM
This is the closest comp cooking class I have found, and the least expensive. Trying to work out getting there and possibly staying with in-laws that live in Waynesboro.

thanks for hosting this class! :clap:

Pigs on The Run
04-05-2012, 10:42 PM
I am humble at the response of this class! Ten years ago , when I started, all I wanted was to be competitive. No one would help . They all had there secretes. I remember when we competed more having conversations with Tuffy Stone about preparing for a contest or talking ideas with the Great Dan Hixon of three Eyzs BBQ.
The one thing I want to do in this class to help teams to be competitive and have that chance to win.

Our steps are basic and innovative ways to get that edge. We have been shigged by many great teams and are proud of it. We want you to get the most bang for your buck!

lcbateman3
04-06-2012, 07:24 AM
I will say John is one of the nicest guys I have met on the circuit and knows what he is talking about!

Dan - 3eyzbbq
04-06-2012, 11:41 AM
the Great Dan Hixon of three Eyzs BBQ.

John is also highly skilled in the art of flattery and BS :icon_smile_tongue:

Scottie
04-06-2012, 02:29 PM
John is also highly skilled in the art of flattery and BS :icon_smile_tongue:

Wait until you get to Westmont. I'd bring boots, cause the sh!t will be deep after I get done...

Pigs on The Run
04-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Class is filling up fast!. I have people from Tenn and Penn. coming to the class. Let me know if you are coming . Rates go up 15 April 2012. We would love to see ya.

Pigs on The Run
04-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Last week for early bird discount!. Class filling up quickly!
We would love to have you! Great venue! Just outside the foothills of the Blue-ridge Mountains!

Theresa B
04-11-2012, 08:11 AM
John, how many attendees are you accepting for class?
Theresa

Pigs on The Run
04-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Hi Theresa, We plan to cut off at 15. We want everyone to have personal attetion. Mark Harris my long time BBQ team mate and friend is planning to be there too!

Pigs on The Run
04-13-2012, 04:10 AM
Still time for early bird registration! The class is filling up quickly! We have a good mix of Teams.

Pigs on The Run
04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Great responce to our class . I am excited about the opportunity to help teams. I think we are very reasoble on our price. Our class will focus on how to win and be competitive.

Pigs on The Run
04-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Class update! We have about 8 teams signed up! I want to remind everyone who signed up to bring a comfortable chair and shoes. Also we will be featuring the Great Dan Hixon Three Eyz BBQ Rub! Thanks Dan!
Cheers!

RedPig
04-20-2012, 03:04 AM
This class is practically in my backyard and I plan to attend. Look forward to it. Thank you.

Pigs on The Run
04-21-2012, 08:29 AM
Great Keith!
I have gleaned so much from Myron Mixon, Tuffy Stone,Johnny Trigg and The Great Dan Hixon! It will be good time.

Pigs on The Run
04-23-2012, 06:42 PM
Remind everyone to bring chairs! the class is almost filling up. I am also thinking about doing a whole hog cooking class . Anyone interested?

RedPig
04-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Remind everyone to bring chairs! the class is almost filling up. I am also thinking about doing a whole hog cooking class . Anyone interested?

I certainly would be.

Pigs on The Run
04-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Only 4 more seats available. Only 12 days left for the class..
I am thinking about fall for the whole hog class.

Pigs on The Run
05-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Yesterday, a man called about our class . My wife answer the phone . He asked a couple of questions and commented then on how inexpensive the class is. The he said he had to ask his wife because it was mothers day. Then My lovely wife replied" Oh that was easy , just tell her you will spend the money you saved on her!:clap:
You gotta love a wife like that!

Pigs on The Run
05-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Thursday will be the last day to register for our class!
Thanks

beerguy
05-05-2012, 06:53 AM
I am looking forward to spending the day with the "Pitmaster" and mentor.

Pigs on The Run
05-10-2012, 10:03 AM
we have one more spot!

Theresa B
05-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Good morning Brethren! We attended John's class yesterday. Exceeded our expectations by far. Very well run, everything was on time. John & his crew are super friendly and know their shi*. Loved hearing the war stories, learned so many basic "tricks & tips" we're not really sure where to start! Learned a couple concepts...FOCUS, Chicken Salad and MD (make do).

John actually got to demonstrate the "chicken salad" technique. The brisket had gotten almost carbonized on the bottom ..not sure if this was planned or not. When John was trying to slice it we all stood around and were silent, how could this meat possibly be saved? Well he proceeded to seperate the point & flat, made up some au jus and any parts that might be overcooked he let sit in the au jus for just a couple minutes. It was because he had a large knife in his hand that he was able to have enough meat to complete the judges box! This was the best brisket I have ever had! We had alot of fun and talked about it the whole 4 hr drive home.

Wheneve John does another class all I can say is...JUMP ON IT!:clap:

Theresa

Pot Belly BBQ
05-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Hey "Not So Famous Competition BBQ Cooking Class" Pitmaster and Crew-- What a class!!!! :clap2: We have both taking other BBQ classes and didn't get as much as we got from this class. Glad you decided to have it. We have 4 pages of notes which translate into lots of tips and tricks. No more chicken sh*t turn in's for us. Only chicken salad from now on. Great idea to have judges that we could ask questions to. Hope we can be a successful as "Pigs on the Run". Hats off to you and all your crew!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Good Luck at Chesapeake next week.
Cathie and Dave

Theresa B
05-13-2012, 04:08 PM
John- I need the recipes,all of the copies were gone before I could get them.

I was able to purchase many of the items from "the table" this morning. No problem finding Tiger Sauce or Moore's marinade.
Theresa

Pigs on The Run
05-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Teresa you got mail!We had a great time! We love to teach. It was a wonderful day .

tnjimbob
05-14-2012, 10:48 AM
It was a fantastic class, and it was nice to meet everybody. John did a fantastic job of presenting all four meats in a short time rather than having an overnight class to show how to prepare for a competition. Thanks to John, Mark, Thomas and Rick for your excellent instruction and demonstrating techniques that will come in handy. I would highly recommend John's class to anybody interested in competing.

Good luck in Cheapeake.

Pigs on The Run
05-15-2012, 11:24 PM
It is very humbling that anyone would come to our class. We think we put a different perspective on competition BBq. We have had a lot success for a low budget team!
Thanks. It was great meeting all!