PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have a Yoder YS640 Near Chicago?

SCSmoke
03-22-2012, 08:46 PM
I have recieved approval from the wife to purchase a new toy :becky: I think I want to get the YS640 and have heard from a bunch of you that say they are great. However it is hard to pull the trigger without having actually seen or touched one. I was wondering if anyone has one near Chicago that they would be willing to let me come by and take a look at. It would make me fell all warm and fuzzy inside.

Tommyboy48
03-22-2012, 09:05 PM
If I had one, I would let ya. Glad the financial board gave you the nod, im still working on a pitch for my financial board.

Bam Bam
03-22-2012, 09:45 PM
I sell them here in AZ. I'm telling you, don't even worry about a thing. It's a great purchase! I really believe for the price point that it's the only pellet grill that can stand up to your weather. I love Memphis, Mak, and FEC, but you're looking at 3000 for something insulated.

FretBender
03-23-2012, 08:22 AM
I cooked on them last year at the Royal and can say they are nicely made, great performers. The team, Pelletheads.com, Took 3rd place overall in 2010 and uses a variety of cookers. Check their website, there are many Yoder users/owners with a map of their locations. They are listed under "Other Cookers" forum. It's worth a look to see if you can locate a Yoder near you to take peek at.

Squeeze
03-23-2012, 10:52 AM
I bought one without seeing one....was a great purchase. Built like a tank, has a ton of space, amazing customer service and produces a fine product. Get the second shelf if you do pull the trigger too.

-Kevin

AbleAcresBBQ
03-23-2012, 01:04 PM
I am about 2.5 hours south of Chicago if you are willing to travel that far for a close encounter with a 640

SCSmoke
03-23-2012, 03:07 PM
I am about 2.5 hours south of Chicago if you are willing to travel that far for a close encounter with a 640

I appreciate the offer but a 5 hour round trip is a bit farther than I wanted to travel. The cost in gas would pay for the second shelf:wink:

Bigdog
03-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Pull the trigger Bro. Trust me, you will love it.:thumb:

Balls Casten
03-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Des Moines here with a 460.
I think seeing it will just confirm your decision to purchase.
Carefull of the hype of a new smoker because they are not perfect. But they are a great smoker.