PDA

View Full Version : Establish a relationship with a good wholesaler!

jbrink01
03-21-2012, 09:46 AM
We really like the folks at KUNA meats in St. Louis. They have quality products, their delivery trucks are on time and they seem to care about our business. I'm watching them unload raw goods for this coming weekend's catering. Brisket and chicken for 1000 plus sides. It may cost a tiny bit more than RD or Sam's, but I didnt have to go anywhere!

HBMTN
03-21-2012, 05:32 PM
I would love to Jbrink, but Sysco is what I have in my area for options and they are hard to deal with. When they get slow they tell me I can order and pay a $25 fee. Which is great so I do for 4 to 6 weeks, then they tell me unless I start ordering a 20 case minimum don't order. My bill with them is always $650-$1000 one order per week and I am 75 yards off of their normal drive route. This has happened to me several times dealing with them and I have even contacted the warehouse manager. So I am stuck with a one hour drive to Sams once per week.

jbrink01
03-21-2012, 07:05 PM
I would love to Jbrink, but Sysco is what I have in my area for options and they are hard to deal with. When they get slow they tell me I can order and pay a $25 fee. Which is great so I do for 4 to 6 weeks, then they tell me unless I start ordering a 20 case minimum don't order. My bill with them is always $650-$1000 one order per week and I am 75 yards off of their normal drive route. This has happened to me several times dealing with them and I have even contacted the warehouse manager. So I am stuck with a one hour drive to Sams once per week.

I suppose we are just fortunate. We have Sysco, but it is the 2nd poorest of 5 options. Kuna does have a 10 line minimum, but that's easy to work around. We always need plates or something to make 10 lines.