BC Squared
03-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Who's in??

luckyduk
03-21-2012, 07:25 AM
app sent in today, nice to have a closer contest for us early in the year

pat
03-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Doug and I will be teaming up for this one. Sent in the app on Friday.

Smokin' Joe
03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to start a crap storm with this question:mrgreen: Its an honest question - I have a conflict that weekend so I might wait it out and see how many teams they have. If its going to get full @ 35 teams quickly then that won;t be an option.

Do you think the tobacco and alcohol rules (none allowed) will hurt attendance at this event? The "contract" is an interesting read...

luckyduk
03-21-2012, 09:35 AM
Do you think the tobacco and alcohol rules (none allowed) will hurt attendance at this event? The "contract" is an interesting read...

I doubt it because it is the first contest in Iowa....a lot better than driving to Jeff City for me also....
Alcohol has been disallowed at many different contests, but tobacco is a different story......not as much smoke as 35 pits cooking away, but anyways

luckyduk
03-21-2012, 09:36 AM
btw that contract lost me towards the end, very lawyerish

Fat Freddy
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM
I was interested and signed up for more information. But since I live paycheck to paycheck 1 month was not much of a notice for me to be able to sign up for the contest.

Question for those with more comps under their belt...Is 6 weeks before the contest normal to get the sign ups and info etc. for comps?? Not meaning a dumb question there but I am trying to plan on my schedule and now am wondering if more contests may develop that I am interested in.

BC Squared
03-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah, the contract was a bit much....and it sure would be nice to have a beverage while cooking. Hopefully it will be a well run comp ...

jaestar
03-21-2012, 05:45 PM
I will be there. Hopefully with my bbq trailer project finished...or mostly finished.

Leatherheadiowa
03-21-2012, 07:12 PM
We are in! Can't beat a 25 minute drive to my Alma Mater. Knowing the campus police at Iowa State and having experienced the wrath of Veisha, I will nearly guarantee the tolerance for breaking the contract will be next to nothing.
A good barbeque contest will be much better than the stabbing and riots from years past!

thenewguy
03-21-2012, 11:46 PM
I really wanted to do this one but the mrs is due to pop any day in April, so I better be careful!

Rookie'48
03-22-2012, 01:53 PM
I'll be there judging. I might have to re-think hauling my two-wheeler around :rolleyes:. Pat, I'll call you or Doug in a couple of weeks :wink:.

pat
03-22-2012, 02:15 PM
I follow the letter of the law Dave...therefore I won't be drinking. I will gladly hold your cooler for you though. Just make sure you have some Miller Lite in there :tongue::wink: