PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Wi, Smoke Shack

MrWenzel
03-18-2012, 08:19 PM
The Smoke Shack is located on Milwaukee street in Milwaukee. Well you better save up your money to eat here or just save your money. The place was packed we sat at the bar. We talked to the bartender said they are known for there brisket. So we ordered a $27 combo plate that included pulled pork, pulled chicken, homemade sausage, and brisket. We also got candied bacon. The candied bacon was ok nothing special. Pulled chicken was a little dry, sausage was good, pulled pork had good flavor again a little dry. Then there was the brisket that you almost couldn't cut with a fork it was so tough. I tried to do a pull test on the brisket and it wouldn't pull apart. Bartender asked how everything was told him brisket should have been cooked longer it was tough. He brought a few more pieces 5 min later. He said they were just sliced off a new brisket. The new brisket slices were better than first but that didn't take much to improve on. They were still tough.
I don't know if I was just being a little to harsh, since I just got done taking a Mike Lake KCBS judge class on Friday night.
The four sauces they had were good, but for what they charge for everything they have to bump up the quality.