PDA

View Full Version : How many RGC's without a GC

bbqfun
03-12-2012, 06:59 PM
There is a Brethren on here that this is only his third year competing and they have seven (I think) RCG's but no GC. What is the most RCG's anyone has gotten without a GC?

Pappy Q
03-12-2012, 07:36 PM
2 years, 3 RGC's - no GC.....yet

trohrs123
03-12-2012, 08:09 PM
4 years 4 RGC...no GC

Vince RnQ
03-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Those boys are due and I hope to be present when they take down that damned elusive 1st GC!

What a celebration we're gonna have!!!

big brother smoke
03-12-2012, 09:13 PM
I can't wait for them to get the damn GC thing over with :-P

bbqfun
03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm going to events I don't even want to go to just cuz I don't want to miss it. JUST DO IT PLEASE!!!!!!!

big matt
03-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Yes this weekend was #7..we started in May 2010 so it's been almost 2 years now..and guys trust me when we finally get it were gonna have a real good time

ique
03-12-2012, 09:50 PM
There is a Brethren on here that this is only his third year competing and they have seven (I think) RCG's but no GC. What is the most RCG's anyone has gotten without a GC?

I think you might have the record. Good luck on the GC!

AZScott
03-12-2012, 10:48 PM
That GC is going to be awesome! I think everyone in the southwest is pulling for you guys! I so hope we are lucky enough to be there.

Smokinclone
03-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Bridesmaid BBQ is their new name. :)

Ron_L
03-13-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't want to talk about it...

:-D

Alexa RnQ
03-13-2012, 08:59 AM
I remember that first RGC, and how happy you guys were. I want more than anything for that GC to be soon, and for us to be there to celebrate with you!

HoDeDo
03-13-2012, 09:46 AM
I think I had 6 RGC's in one year with no GC, but I am guessing it was at least 7RGCs before my first GC. I'll have to go look. (Not counting anything with HoDeDos or Plowboys...) just SoW GC's

big matt
03-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Bridesmaid BBQ is their new name. :)

Exactly Darren!..it does have a nice ring to it!

Big Poppa
03-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Cmon Matty pick it up! You will get there....I felt really bad for you in vista when you got the RGC and I lookeed at you and it was like your dog died.

You could be us...changing cookers/recipes.... everything after a great year and sitting on the lawn like a summer dog turd.

Rich Parker
03-13-2012, 11:53 AM
I wish I could get voted out of this particular club.

mikerobes
03-13-2012, 12:04 PM
I wish I could get voted out of this particular club.

I wish I could get a RGC and get into the club:idea:

Coz
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't want to talk about it...

:-D

I feel for ya bro .When you get it if I am there I may even have drink with ya. :clap:

Vince RnQ
03-14-2012, 01:02 AM
Yes this weekend was #7..we started in May 2010 so it's been almost 2 years now..and guys trust me when we finally get it were gonna have a real good time

And I know pizza is going to be involved! Too bad that tradition is dying along with some others.

Big Poppa
03-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Mo was howling at the moon the night before...some sort of indian curse breaking ceremony...One point...maybe just a little louder next time Mo!

AZScott
03-14-2012, 10:00 AM
And I know pizza is going to be involved! Too bad that tradition is dying along with some others.

Pizza?

big matt
03-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Pizza?

Yes Scott it's been a tradition here for the GC winner to buy pizza for everyone that stays after the comp..Vince I may be wrong but I think One Sock started it right?..anyway Dave Malone has been keeping it going and he's also been doing the good luck shot in the morning too..these are things that I hope to carry on and never let die!

AZScott
03-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Hmmm. I've never heard of the pizza bit. I know we always do a shot around 9:11 that either Vince and Alexa host or Tom and Paul with IAB 30. Bekke and I always host a shot 15 minutes before awards with a shot of Jager for good luck. Next time we're at a comp with you come on over.

Alexa RnQ
03-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes Scott it's been a tradition here for the GC winner to buy pizza for everyone that stays after the comp..Vince I may be wrong but I think One Sock started it right?..anyway Dave Malone has been keeping it going and he's also been doing the good luck shot in the morning too..these are things that I hope to carry on and never let die!
One Sock carries on the proud tradition, but it goes back to Monica Benedict! Once upon a time, after a contest (believe it was Viejas?), Otis and the Bird, QN4U and a cast of favorites were hanging after awards on Saturday when the topic of dinner came up, and Monica voiced the widely-held sentiment that anything with MEAT was the LAST thing anybody wanted to eat -- it had to be pizza, the cheesier the better! The extra-cheese pizza from that little place in the mall was some of the best we've had after a contest. You know where else was awesome -- the white pizza at the sports grill after the spontaneously-relocated Wildomar contest.

Anyway, that's how the tradition was handed down of the GC buying cheese pizza, whenever anybody's staying and if pizza's available nearby. It's not so much about the pizza, although great pizza helps. We'll remember Steve's insane buy of all those huge ones in Fairfield, and how if he wasn't playing the bitter also-ran he didn't know what to say -- it crushed his schtick! And Andy's pizza after Vista, in restrospect that was Jack-draw pizza on top of being first-GC pizza, and it was really, really fine. It's a way of spending quality time and paying respect, not only to that winner but also to the field, and remembering that though we are divided for a while in competition, we come back together as tight as ever. Well, depending on who's drinking they may be a little tighter.

Alexa RnQ
03-14-2012, 11:45 AM
One Sock carries on the proud tradition, but it goes back to Monica Benedict! Once upon a time, after a contest (believe it was Viejas?), Otis and the Bird, QN4U and a cast of favorites were hanging after awards on Saturday when the topic of dinner came up, and Monica voiced the widely-held sentiment that anything with MEAT was the LAST thing anybody wanted to eat -- it had to be pizza, the cheesier the better! The extra-cheese pizza from that little place in the mall was some of the best we've had after a contest. You know where else was awesome -- the white pizza at the sports grill after the spontaneously-relocated Wildomar contest, remember?

Anyway, that's how the tradition was handed down of the GC buying cheese pizza, whenever anybody's staying and if pizza's available nearby. It's not so much about the pizza, although great pizza helps. We'll remember Steve's insane buy of all those huge ones in Fairfield, and how if he wasn't playing the bitter also-ran he didn't know what to say -- it crushed his schtick! And Andy's pizza after Vista, in restrospect that was Jack-draw pizza on top of being first-GC pizza, and it was really, really fine. It's a way of spending quality time and paying respect, not only to that winner but also to the field, and remembering that though we are divided for a while in competition, we come back together as tight as ever. Well, depending on who's drinking they may be a little tighter.

big matt
03-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Thanks Alexa..I really wasn't sure who started it but it's nice to know the true history behind this great tradition..and your right it makes us all tighter in the end no matter who wins.

Big Poppa
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
oops we owe you pizza

Bunny
03-14-2012, 06:54 PM
OK. Move over everybody! Rich and I have been a cooking team since 1987 and we hold the dang championship for first place loser and no grand yet. So don't be holdin your breath to beat us now! It'd take ya a while. But when we do finally win that Grand Champion, you're gonna hear us holler all the way across town!..And you can join us. :drama:

It'll happen....

KCass BBQ