PDA

View Full Version : Site outage this morning

badger
07-30-2005, 03:07 PM
We had a site outage this morning due to a routing problem at hurrricane electric.

Don did a great job re routing the traffic bypassing hurricane's network.

Bill-Chicago
07-30-2005, 10:46 PM
We had a site outage this morning due to a routing problem at hurrricane electric.

Don did a great job re routing the traffic bypassing hurricane's network.

Sounds like its time for another gift.

I'm on it

Bill-Chicago
08-11-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm getting post nuke forum errors onight.

anyone else?

The_Kapn
08-11-2005, 09:39 PM

anyone else?
YUP, on occasion.

TIM

parrothead
08-11-2005, 10:06 PM
No problems here all day long. It rules to live in Illinois, the land of no problems.

Bill-Chicago
08-11-2005, 10:52 PM
No problems here all day long. It rules to live in Illinois, the land of no problems.

not kidding

as Tim probably got, it sends you to a "Sorry" page from postnuke

burping forum mod.

It happened most in Competition

Bigdog
08-11-2005, 11:26 PM

not kidding

as Tim probably got, it sends you to a "Sorry" page from postnuke

burping forum mod.

It happened most in Competition

It burped on me once today. I thought it did it 'cause I was a dumbass.

BBQchef33
08-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Still happening? I havent see it. if someone can, trap the error cut,paste and send it to me please.

rbinms33
08-12-2005, 12:12 PM
No problems down here.....our styrofoam cup and string network can't be beat.

badger
08-30-2005, 12:03 PM

anyone else?Bill, do the errors say "there was a problem connecting to the Database"?

I have been getting those as well lately.

I got a crap load of them this morning and decided to do a clean reboot to reset the MySQL stats so I can monitor this more closely.

I am making slight changes in the mysql config's to see if it helps but it takes time to make a change and wait to see if it helps.

So if anyone is getting the "connection to database" errors please report them here.

Thanks.

rbinms33
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
John....I got a couple of those about a week ago but dismissed them as a fluke. In my book:

- first time is an isolated incident
- second time is a fluke
- third time there's a problem.

If it happens again, I'll get you some more info.

icemn62
08-30-2005, 12:55 PM
Have not noticed any problems, except once yesterday got an error message. Like everybody just thought I may have done something wrong or it was a fluke.

badger
08-30-2005, 01:03 PM
The problem is definitly not a fluke, and it is not a postnuke problem.

The load on MySQL has increased and I just need to fine tune the applications using MySQL and MySQL itself.

So far since I rebooted and cleared the stats I have not received any failed attempts, which is good. Before the reboot there were over 7000 failed attemps.

rbinms33
08-30-2005, 01:49 PM
If it happens again, I'll copy down the exact error and give you a time and date so it'll make it easier to find in the logs.

badger
08-30-2005, 03:53 PM
If it happens again, I'll copy down the exact error and give you a time and date so it'll make it easier to find in the logs.
Thanks!