PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to come help me do MBN in Memphis?

bbqbrad
03-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm cooking at the "Pigs in Flight" bbq comp in Memphis March 30-31, and I need help! I will be cooking solo, and I need people to come help me run, clean and impress judges. It's a MBN comp, and will be my first MBN. Anyone within driving distance that could be available? Check out this link (http://web.me.com/hotforteacherbbq/Hot_For_Teacher/Welcome_2.html) for a little more information and contact info. I hope some of ya'll can help this Georgia boy out!

TooSaucedToPork
03-11-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm cooking at the "Pigs in Flight" bbq comp in Memphis March 30-31, and I need help! I will be cooking solo, and I need people to come help me run, clean and impress judges. It's a MBN comp, and will be my first MBN. Anyone within driving distance that could be available? Check out this link (http://web.me.com/hotforteacherbbq/Hot_For_Teacher/Welcome_2.html) for a little more information and contact info. I hope some of ya'll can help this Georgia boy out!

I don't think we are doing that one. I will check with the team and see if anyone will be able to lend a hand.

They are also taping a BBQ Pitmasters episode there.

OutlawSwine
03-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I can help if you still need someone. Sent you a PM.

dmprantz
03-11-2012, 01:47 PM
I was thinking bout doing that one, but not. I'll check back and see what you need after tupelo.

BKBBQ
03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
He needs lots of help people.trust me.

bbqbrad
03-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks all who posted today! I want to get back to you, but I rally got tied up today. I'll be contacting you tomorrow. Thanks!

MikeMSD
03-11-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't think we are doing that one. I will check with the team and see if anyone will be able to lend a hand.

They are also taping a BBQ Pitmasters episode there.

Yeah, we are not doing this one. I talked to some of the guys and we might be willing to help out. If you still need help, shoot me a PM and I can get it to our guys here and see who all might be wanting to help out.

RoadHawgBBQ
03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
what categories are u competing besides whole hog?

4uweque
03-13-2012, 06:22 PM
I could help you Friday and Saturday both but only in the morning and afternoon. PM me if that will help you any.

Redhot
03-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Look we're amatures but we're right here in Memphis, I'm sure we could give you a hand*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9 *9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9*9/ol7...umm, or a paw. Funny chit, I started posting this reply then our lamb got done which meant it was my turn up to grill the veggies so I walk away from the computer to do my part in the cook. Then after we eat I come back to finish my reply and look after we eat and the stuff in bold is there...CATS, that's the only explaination...now what I would love to know is how he hit the shift key between each of those 9's to get the asteric! Smart cat huh?! Can you say kneading? Guerry didn't get it, hope you do 'cause that's some funny chit right there! Thank God the cat didn't type some really raunchy stuff AND somehow hit reply!

bbqbrad
03-14-2012, 07:27 AM
what categories are u competing besides whole hog?

Ribs also

deguerre
03-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Hi Brad. As Redhot said, we're back yarders and have never done a comp, but we both can clean up pretty good.:becky:

imperfectutopia
03-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Hey Brad, My team is competing in this contest, and while we are by no means experts, we have done a couple MBN contests last year. So We will be there the whole time, I live in Memphis, let me know if you need any help / advice with preparing, on site.. whatever.. and either way, we should visit at the contest! My team is 6-Pack Swillin' Smokers. Come on over and have a cold one with us!

Kane

Edit: What are you calling your team?

Lake Dogs
03-14-2012, 12:51 PM
I think he said something about calling the team "Redhot's Love Slaves"... Something like that anyway....

imperfectutopia
03-15-2012, 01:22 PM
I think he said something about calling the team "Redhot's Love Slaves"... Something like that anyway....

HAHAHAHA, Nice!

wingpirate
03-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Too bad this fell through. :( I was looking forward to it.

I'll probably show up to watch the BBQ Pitmasters festivities (if possible).

Lake Dogs
03-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Fell through?

wingpirate
03-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Fell through?

Brad's sponsor was unable to commit to the event. Got the news yesterday. :icon_sad

ROF, Texas
03-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Have a catering gig that weekend, but I would like to get that experience!

bbqbrad
03-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Yep. Had to cancel. But would have had a lot of fun! Thanks for all the support, guys!

dmprantz
03-22-2012, 04:18 PM
Sorry it won't work out Brad. Sounded like it could have been fun. See you on the trail, and it was nice meeting you in Tupelo!

dmp

OutlawSwine
03-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Sorry it fell through Brad. I was looking forward to it. Hopefully we can meet up at another comp!

MikeMSD
03-22-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah, stuff happens, was looking forward to it too. Probably will still go and hang out up there as well.

imperfectutopia
03-23-2012, 11:53 AM
That sucks brad, Sorry to hear it bud!

For anyone who is still thinking of stopping by for kicks, my team ( 6- Pack Swillin' Smokers) is still in it though. We just got the email today, spot 27 across from "Red Hot Smokers", and in between "Smokin with an Attitude" & "SLABS a' Smokin". We're only a couple spots away from the pitmasters area on the right as you walk into the MBN area. Just look for the most modest, rookie lookin set up and that should be us! haha. Anyone on here is welcome to come have a cold one with us!

Kane

wingpirate
03-26-2012, 12:07 PM
That sucks brad, Sorry to hear it bud!

For anyone who is still thinking of stopping by for kicks, my team ( 6- Pack Swillin' Smokers) is still in it though. We just got the email today, spot 27 across from "Red Hot Smokers", and in between "Smokin with an Attitude" & "SLABS a' Smokin". We're only a couple spots away from the pitmasters area on the right as you walk into the MBN area. Just look for the most modest, rookie lookin set up and that should be us! haha. Anyone on here is welcome to come have a cold one with us!

Kane

I'll definitely stop by to say hello. BTW, do you know when Pitmasters is taping?

imperfectutopia
03-27-2012, 08:47 AM
BTW, do you know when Pitmasters is taping?

I can't be certain, but when I saw them tape at the Tupelo KCBS contest a couple weeks ago, it seemed like they were just a little contest off to the side of the regular one, and started taping when the 3 teams on the show turned in, about 30 min after the last regular contest turn in.. They might have gotten some B roll stuff when I wasnt paying attention through the night.. So they filmed that and then about an hour later they filmed them judge (which was quite boring actually) cant hear anything..

We look forward to meeting ya!

wingpirate
03-31-2012, 08:54 AM
I'll probably be headed to the competition around 11-12. I'll be sporting a dark green Too Sauced to Pork team shirt. It's going to be a pretty day today in the "city of good abode."

Look forward to visiting with you gents.

MikeMSD
03-31-2012, 05:11 PM
For anyone who is still thinking of stopping by for kicks, my team ( 6- Pack Swillin' Smokers) is still in it though.

Thanks for having us out, it was fun. Hope you can drop by our tent at Memphis in May and let us repay you for those drinks.

imperfectutopia
04-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks guys from TooSaucedToPork for coming out this weekend, we all had a blast! Didn't quite do as well as we wanted to, but fun was had all around. Anyway, we will be doing several practice cooks coming up based on some feedback I got from a few judges and friends, so I am PM'ing yall my cell. Feel free to give me a shout, come out and drink beers and smoke meats!