PDA

View Full Version : Peoria Custom Cooker for Competition

cmohr74
03-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Just want some feedback on this cooker. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on buying a backyarder with and insulated firebox, grill grate on top of box, with the Guru. However when I do research on the cooker, I see a lot that pops up with people looking to sell them within 10 uses or less. Just leads me to believe that something is wrong with them. Can't get a hold of the person to ask who was selling it, so I'm left with a questionable thought about the cooker. Anyone that has this cooker, could you please tell me your honest thoughts about it. Thanks.

billm
03-09-2012, 08:21 AM
You see a lot of Backwoods Partys and/or Chubbies for sale too with small amounts of cooks on them..usually its because people want to go bigger models ..
Im betting that is the case with Peoria cookers..they make a nice product

Peteg
03-09-2012, 10:55 AM
I have a Peoria backyard and I love it. I'll second what Bill said, and assume that most of the sellers are branching out and looking for something bigger. If you're looking at doing contests, I would definately look into getting it on an axle (They're heavy). I use mine primarily as a stick burner, but when I fill it up with lump, I can get a good 6-7 hours out of one load. You certainly won't be disappointed in the quality of work or the thought that went into the design.
Pete

ggriffi
03-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Just want some feedback on this cooker. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on buying a backyarder with and insulated firebox, grill grate on top of box, with the Guru. However when I do research on the cooker, I see a lot that pops up with people looking to sell them within 10 uses or less. Just leads me to believe that something is wrong with them. Can't get a hold of the person to ask who was selling it, so I'm left with a questionable thought about the cooker. Anyone that has this cooker, could you please tell me your honest thoughts about it. Thanks.

I have had mine for 5 years now and I don't have one complaint about it. I didn't get the grill on top because I have other cookers at home for that if needed. Second reason that I didn't go with the grill top was, to me anyway, why do I want a hole in the top to lose heat when am trying to keep in the heat in the firebox. I did get the small tires instead of steel wheels and the ball valve.

I don't know how far you are from Merrillville,IN but if you are close and want to come and look at mine before you order one pm me.