PDA

View Full Version : Q for 25 - 30 Guests

fedex
03-08-2012, 03:49 AM
Hey Guys, This is not a catering gig just a B-Day party at the house. I'm planning on Ribs and Pulled Pork. I don't want to many leftovers but on the other hand I don't want be caught short either. How many racks of ribs and pork butts should I get? I was guessing about 8 Racks and 4 Butts. Thanks for any input.

MattG
03-08-2012, 08:49 AM
What else are you having with the Butt and Ribs. If you are having a few sides I'd say one rack of ribs and one pound of pulled pork for every three guests. So if I was having 30 guests I would cook ten racks of ribs and two eight - nine lbs butts.

nthole
03-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Are these all adults, or some kids? Men and women? I calculate a serving of ribs as 4 bones and a serving of pork as 1/4 lb cooked. If you don't want leftovers I would be looking somewhere around 6 racks of ribs and an 8lb pork butt. That would be cutting it pretty close. I think 4 butts is way too much. 8 racks and 2 7lb butts should be plenty. Does depend on the number of sides.

teej
03-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I cooked 3 10lb butts this past weekend for about 50 people and had plenty left over. 4 butts would be way too much I think. I would shoot for about 20 - 25lbs pork shoulder (uncooked) and 6 -8 racks of ribs sounds about right. This may need to be adjusted giving consideration for sides and number of kids included in the final guest count.

Pyle's BBQ
03-08-2012, 02:20 PM
If you have leftovers, give it to guests to talk home. Get a few Ziplock freezer bags and send home a gift pack.

fedex
03-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the help. All guests will be adults and there will be alot of sides. Kind of like a BBQ potluck but I'm doing all the meat. BTW leftovers not a bad thing as long as I get them LOL