PDA

View Full Version : Room for RV's at Competitions

Quigley
07-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I own a good size RV (42ft) and want to hook up my trailer to it. Now I know if you pay a bit more you can get a larger site. I haven't been on the circuit for while and was wonder if it is common to see such a large set up. Or do most people set up the tent/trailer and move the RV to other parking.

The_Kapn
07-25-2005, 11:31 AM
Getting better on site size.
Old standard was 20 X 20. Hardly enough room for a cooker and canopy.
Now--it depends on the venue.
Mobile had HUGE sites with full RV hookups including sewer and 30 Amp power. Barnesville Ga had tiny, tiny sites.
We just paid $50 extra for Dillard RV sized site. Key Largo coming up has RV friendly sites for no extra cost.

I have heard orgainzers and Reps talk about larger sites being the Norm in the future. Sport is getting so big and teams are getting more and more sophisticated.

So, you just have to check each event and see what they offer.

TIM

kcquer
07-25-2005, 12:18 PM
I have heard orgainzers and Reps talk about larger sites being the Norm in the future. Sport is getting so big and teams are getting more and more sophisticated.

Entertaining guests of sponsors on Friday night is getting to be part of the routine. Certainly takes extra space for that too. Hardly seems necessary to "rough it" at a contest, bigger spaces are the way of the future.

Quigley
07-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Well I certainly paid some dues years ago. I have done my share of sleeping on a chair, holding a tent down in a rain storm walking up to my knees in mud. Now I quess you could say I am a bit spoiled. :lol:

parrothead
07-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Just ask Phil, I was pissing and moaning all weekend about the size of the sites. 20 x 20 is insane. Same went for Shannon. We were allowed to spill out in both. Shannon we went backwords abot 5 feet and it gave us 20 x 25. Grillkings allowed some spillage and ended up about 23 x 23.

I would love to see 30 x 30 as the standard.