PDA

View Full Version : Sauces and Rubs in NYC

rexbbq
02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Is there any place in the city or on long island that sells a good variety of bbq rubs and sauces?

MilitantSquatter
02-27-2012, 07:14 PM
You may find some stuff at a gourmet type food store...but not that I'm aware of...

Jetmore in Wantagh on Long Island carries some stuff but not enough to warrant a specific trip to. You'd likely spend more in fuel costs to get there then it would be to just have what you want ordered online from a BBQ supply place.

hav
02-27-2012, 08:34 PM
I thought you are from VA?

I recommend Steph's Simply Marvelous, a Brethren member.

rexbbq
02-27-2012, 08:38 PM
I am from Virginia, but I will be spending the next week at the in-laws and am looking for something to do. I figured bbq rub shopping and testing would be fun.

MilitantSquatter
02-27-2012, 08:43 PM
Where exactly in NYC or Long Island ?

rexbbq
02-27-2012, 08:50 PM
I'll be in Queens, but will be free to go anywhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

eddiepro
02-27-2012, 08:53 PM
I would turn it into BBQ taste testing ;-)

Some definite trips would be Dinosaur BBQ and Blue Smoke, both in Manhattan...

Enjoy!

rexbbq
02-27-2012, 08:57 PM
I haven't been to Dinosaur BBQ. I will have to hit that up. I am going to try to score some tickets to the Big East Tournament next week. So I will be in Manhattan.

MilitantSquatter
02-27-2012, 08:59 PM
I haven't been to Dinosaur BBQ. I will have to hit that up. I am going to try to score some tickets to the Big East Tournament next week. So I will be in Manhattan.

Check out PigTrip for NYC
http://pigtrip.net/Directory-main.htm

FYI.. Longtime Brethren member,Matt(aka backyardchef), works at RUB BBQ on 23rd st.... I'd go there as well as Hill Country for my first two stops in Manhattan.

Sledneck
02-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Check out PigTrip for NYC
http://pigtrip.net/Directory-main.htm

FYI.. Longtime Brethren member,Matt(aka backyardchef), works at RUB BBQ on 23rd st.... I'd go there as well as Hill Country for my first two stops in Manhattan.

Pffffffffffft You are so out of the know , Matt is no longer at rub